Route Planner

Anything F-Type related......
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

After getting release from our most recent outbreak of COVID in Melbourne, Australia tomorrow (which worked perfectly as a while ago we booked a weekend away leaving tomorrow (phew!)) I thought time to have a look at this Jaguar Route Planner app and see how good it is. Doesn't appear to be anything different to other map apps (am I missing something) other than the fact it says it will then attach to the car and have the route already planned. My carplay does that with Google, Waze etc. anyway, so still not sure why it exists other than the fact it was probably pre Carplay.

But the odd thing is I put the route in and it told me a 4+ hour drive - now Australia is a big place and I have done some big drives in the past, but this seemed over the top for the 200km+ we are going to do. So I tried Waze - yep two hours, Google Maps 2 hours, apple map 2 hours. Is this an Australian issue or has anyone used the planner and found its times are ridiculous?

My wife told me she wants to drive anyway now and so we will use her Ford, but nonetheless not sure the route planner is any good?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

I've been taken on many a circuitous route by my sat nav (which oddly enough thinks that business addresses dont exist at all). It seems intent on taking the long way anywhere. I now rely upon my wife to give me directions. If she isnt in the car with me, I call her and moan about being lost until she gets on the computer and gives me directions.

Hey, it works for me!
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Is your wife called Alexa, Bruce? 😬
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I’ve ended up on some very narrow country lanes for no good reason other than the Jag satnav! I’ve used waze/google through CarPlay but find there is some latency with the mapping so you’re past the junction shown on the map and have missed a few turns because of this. I’m now back to using the Jag satnav but occasionally ignore it when it tries to take me down unclassified roads!
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Lunar wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:50 am Is your wife called Alexa, Bruce? 😬
lol, more of a Samsung Sam man myself
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes