What just happened ?

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Duvetday wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:57 pmDynamic mode is now off !
I'd suggest you leave dynamic mode alone for a while as you get used to the car, and then start to explore the limits once you've got more experience of how it behaves. Dynamic and sport is awesome, but I wouldn't use it unless the roads are very dry, unless you're very circumspect with that right foot .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

try out the snow and rain mode, that will keep it straight until you have a better feel for the car.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

BruceTheQuail wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 pm I agree with scm, also had an XKR and that was mental in the wet. Dont stress it, the f type gives you controllable traction loss and once you get used to it you will really enjoy it. You can squeeze it on and steer by the back wheels coming out of roundabouts, pushing out your back end to get the angle you want. I'm getting that with the Michelins as well, though it was much moreso with the P Zeros (which I disliked more for their hard ride than the grip issues, I thought they steered fine).

The stepping out that the F type is prone to is one of the fun parts, IMO, if you dont overcorrect it usually tidies itself up.

+1 it’s one of things I’m really enjoying with my RWD FT. I would also agree with gasgas, I hadn’t used snow/wet mode until doing the Jag driving event at Fen End and was very impressed with the calibration of it, much more gentle intervention of the traction control which made it much easier to steer out of oversteering moments with control and no ‘snap’ interventions, just a gentle cycling. I had also tested the AWD and felt it was a bit numb in comparison and as mine isn’t a daily driver I don’t feel the need for AWD. I do drive in the wet though and have learnt to squeeze the throttle and feel what the car is doing.

Edit: is yours a V6 or V6S? The V6S P380 versions have LSD’s which really help in these situations
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I'm not exactly sure what mine is. It is a V6 'R Dynamic' and has a P380 badge on the back. Can't seem to find much info on this specific variant.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Duvetday wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:51 pm I'm not exactly sure what mine is. It is a V6 'R Dynamic' and has a P380 badge on the back. Can't seem to find much info on this specific variant.
Same as mine then, so you have a LSD and adaptive suspension as standard.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Yeah that's the same as what used to be the V6S. Same as what I have, though the pulley and tune have pushed the 380 to 450. Maybe the transmission settings in the newer ones is a bit more direct than mine.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

Some good tips and advice here, I to am fairly new to the f type and tend to go straight into dynamic mode although I do take my time in damp and greasy conditions, to much spilt diesel on the roads these days which is more than likely what you hit and to be fair not much you can do in that situation, my daughter managed to 380 her fiat 500 on a patch of spilt diesel + rain. I haven't had a big moment in mine, have felt it moving around a bit on the throttle coming out of roundabouts and bends but nothing worrying. Continue to enjoy your car and don't dwell on what might have happened lesson learned as they say.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.