Cayman v F type and poor Jaguar sales

Anything F-Type related......
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Thanks Nick sounds like we have similar ideals.
Comfort is high on my list also pleasing Mrs Pacemaker 😉
She says doesn’t like two seaters but as she’s just got a new car can’t complain too much...lol
When COVID is over like to go back to weekend getaways so luggage space important, although she struggles with the Macan so neither really going to win there.
Cayman has quite a bit more between the two trunks but will need special luggage.
How’d you find getting in and out between the two?

Deleted User 2987

Post by Deleted User 2987 »

The Cayman felt slightly lower to get in and out of, but I came from an Abarth 124 Spider, so either were going to be better than that! Memory seats help if you can get them, as you can use the highest setting for entry/exit, then just push the button to go to your normal driving position again.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:27 pm Thanks Nick sounds like we have similar ideals.
Comfort is high on my list also pleasing Mrs Pacemaker 😉
She says doesn’t like two seaters but as she’s just got a new car can’t complain too much...lol
When COVID is over like to go back to weekend getaways so luggage space important, although she struggles with the Macan so neither really going to win there.
Cayman has quite a bit more between the two trunks but will need special luggage.
How’d you find getting in and out between the two?
As Nick said, having memory seats helps and you also get powered steering wheel (with memory) and a convenient mode to raise the steering to it’s highest setting when you turn the engine off, also helps with getting in/out if you’re long legged like me.

I test drove P300, P380 and V8R AWD, Cayman and Z4. For me it’s not about Top Trumps 0-60 etc but what the car feels like to drive, and how I feel when driving it. It’s a personal decision and I would recommend waiting until you’ve test driven all of your shortlist before buying. If you buy a P300 and then test a different car and like it more you’ll not be happy!
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Was considering a TTS, only car I’ve been able to drive. Was pretty nice and ideal on paper but felt nothing special.
Plus joining the TT forums I found the , ahem, calibre of members disappointing 😬
Most were kids with old tarted up bangers
basher

Post by basher »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 pm Was considering a TTS, only car I’ve been able to drive. Was pretty nice and ideal on paper but felt nothing special.
Plus joining the TT forums I found the , ahem, calibre of members disappointing 😬
Most were kids with old tarted up bangers
I had a Mk3 TTS. Lovely car, but common as muck.
And I know what you mean about the forum!

The F is in a different league. My V6 is slightly slower than the TTS to 60, but who cares. There's more to F ownership than raw speed.

As others have said... try to get a test drive.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Given that you're asking about the f type I'm guessing you're drawn in by its looks. Which in reality is why most of us are here. Similar to Aston Martin, which again aren't the fastest or most advanced, but just ooze class, style and that sound.

It's not a car that blends in or goes unnoticed. You'll find all sorts of people just want to tell you how great it looks. Kids in cars all point and wave etc. Not that there's anything wrong with the way it drives though. Shshsh, I sometimes think our 2 litre XE handles better than my V6 F type. But then the F type soundtrack blows it into the weeds every time, no question.

I saw a new shape coupe at the Denbies vineyard meet recently in Bluefire metallic and it looked mega classy. I might have that colour if I was buying a new one.

You need a test drive to scratch that itch, or I expect you'll be always be looking back wondering.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

I’m drawn to the looks of the new model but can only stretch to a p300. I like the comfort of warranty of a new car.
Alternatively could go for a used 3.0 but finding those in main dealers with warranty are virtually same as new p300.

Love to find a one owner car I could trust to be genuine
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

If it is purely 0-60 that floats your boat why not get a Alfa Romeo 4C, or even a Ford Focus? If it is sound plenty of 4's from Japan and some with Cosworth engines that make a nice noise. If it is about comfort, many kill the Jag and Porsche. But if it is style my personal opinion is the Jag beats all of them, coupe followed by the roadster. I have the convertible as top down driving was one appeal for me, but pure on road sexiness none of them beat the Jag F-Type Coupe.

Also worth mentioning I too preferred a new car and for what I budgeted in Australia ($130K) it was second hand V6 or new P300. I could have stretched further, even bought a V8 at over $250K, but didn't think the purchase warranted it at this stage as the resale in Australia on a car that attracts luxury tax is terrible and unless it was a car I was keeping a very long time I wouldn't bother. I will likely sell the P300 in 3 to 4 years and get something else after racking up a lot of kms.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
basher

Post by basher »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:01 am I’m drawn to the looks of the new model but can only stretch to a p300. I like the comfort of warranty of a new car.
Alternatively could go for a used 3.0 but finding those in main dealers with warranty are virtually same as new p300.

Love to find a one owner car I could trust to be genuine
I bought used from a premium used car retailer, not a main jaguar dealer.

They searched for me, based on my requirements.

Found a 1yr old V6 with just 1K on the clock. I saved £22K on the list price, and had the remaining 2yrs of jaguar warranty.

Where are you based?

I'm sure we could recommend some very reputable used car dealers to you.

I'll start...

https://www.lodgemotor.co.uk/
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
ianp

Post by ianp »

Looks like Hammers and I have a similar car history but separated by about 12,000 miles lol.
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post