An unusual request....

Anything F-Type related......
chareth

Post by chareth »

I'm looking to get a ~2014 V6S sometime soon, but the problem is that I have to park in a garage which is a pretty tight fit for my current car, which is 13cm narrower without the mirrors (but almost identical with them).

I've seen one that I like but it's 100 miles away, and there are none within test-driving range, so the unusual request is whether anybody near the Sandwell area would be willing to stop by and park in my garage :lol:

If I buy one and I can't get out the door once I park in my garage then I literally have nowhere to park, so if anyone could help out with this it would be much appreciated :)

scm

Post by scm »

Have you considered a convertible? You can climb over the windscreen! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Odin

Post by Odin »

I had an immediate solution to this exact issue when I brought my 400 Sport home. My wife laughed as she watched me immediately grab my Sawzall power saw out of my tool kit and cut a large 80cm x 100cm square out of the side of the garage. I then nailed in a box frame that added an additional 9cm depth to the area and took the piece of garage wall I had cut out and put it back on.... Perfect fit! "Only you!" she said!
400 Sport, RWD, Yulong White
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

I did something similar back in the day when I bought a Fireball sailing dinghy.
I did niot care about the company Volvo but the dinghy needed to go in the garage.
I cut a hole in the end wall so that the dinghy on trailer with mast down fitted with the end of the mast sticking out the end of the garage.
"where there is a will, there is a way"
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

scm wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:40 pm Have you considered a convertible? You can climb over the windscreen! :lol:
Yeah that was my thought too - but you’re not meant to leave the roof down as it will crease more - remote top roof adaption would sort that - and maybe a No Step sticker or two - sorted 😂
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

My garage has quite a narrow door (7' iirc) but the F type just fits through without folding the mirrors, I always fold them though. I made sure mine had the folding mirrors option before buying as they're not standard. My Garage is 9' wide inside and I find reversing in at a slight angle makes it a bit easier to exit/enter the car. carpet on the wall so the door doesn't get damaged.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
chareth

Post by chareth »

XZ4 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 am My garage has quite a narrow door (7' iirc) but the F type just fits through without folding the mirrors, I always fold them though. I made sure mine had the folding mirrors option before buying as they're not standard. My Garage is 9' wide inside and I find reversing in at a slight angle makes it a bit easier to exit/enter the car. carpet on the wall so the door doesn't get damaged.
My current car is 5mm narrower at the mirrors (203.7cm) than an F-Type, and it fits through the doorway with maybe an inch on each side.

The problem is that the inside is 2' wider than the doorway, so I tend to park slightly diagonally with the rear passenger wheel arch almost touching the wall, which gives me room to just about squeeze out the door.

I've sat in one F-Type and it was parked much closer to the next car than my garage wall would be, and I reckon with carpet on the wall I'd manage fine. I just wanted to be sure before I spend £30k on a car and then have nowhere to park it :(
scm

Post by scm »

chareth wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:07 pm I've sat in one F-Type and it was parked much closer to the next car than my garage wall would be, and I reckon with carpet on the wall I'd manage fine. I just wanted to be sure before I spend £30k on a car and then have nowhere to park it :(
Just make sure your test drive involves a trip to your garage! ;)
Last edited by scm on Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

chareth wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:07 pm
XZ4 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 am My garage has quite a narrow door (7' iirc) but the F type just fits through without folding the mirrors, I always fold them though. I made sure mine had the folding mirrors option before buying as they're not standard. My Garage is 9' wide inside and I find reversing in at a slight angle makes it a bit easier to exit/enter the car. carpet on the wall so the door doesn't get damaged.
My current car is 5mm narrower at the mirrors (203.7cm) than an F-Type, and it fits through the doorway with maybe an inch on each side.

The problem is that the inside is 2' wider than the doorway, so I tend to park slightly diagonally with the rear passenger wheel arch almost touching the wall, which gives me room to just about squeeze out the door.

I've sat in one F-Type and it was parked much closer to the next car than my garage wall would be, and I reckon with carpet on the wall I'd manage fine. I just wanted to be sure before I spend £30k on a car and then have nowhere to park it :(
Sounds like your garage is similar to mine and I have no problem getting in and out of the car.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post