Used values when back to normal

Anything F-Type related......
Diddyd

Post by Diddyd »

Hey gents
The used car market has gone up around 25% since April 2021. The has been caused in part by Covid and the rest on the semi conductor issue meaning fewer new car built and lease companies not able to change their fleets which mean less used cars coming into the market place. Other issues going forward for used car supply are when Covid hit in 2020 new car registrations they were down around 800k units, and then again in 2021 due to semi conductors. That’s 2 years of new car supply restricted meaning less used cars over the next 4 years coming into the market place keeping used car values high. In some cases I have nearly new cars sell for more than they cost new.
Not expecting the used car market to drop any time soon, unless there is a big recession causing a drop in demand.
Used car prices will possibly grow a bit more, last month they increased by 5.9% . Expect to see lower growth month month and the levelling out.👍🏼

Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Out of interest my 2021 base has gone up to £55500 on Cazoo yet has dropped to £44500 on WBAC.
WBAC have been dropping for awhile and opposite to all other buying sites?
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

822 f types on auto trader for sale now .That is about 100 more on average than before the pandemic started .The ones that are there have been there for a while now. I suspect that the people that had the money saved in the pandemic have now bought their dream car only to realise that they don't actually get a chance to use it and due to being able to take some profit are now selling them to WBAC etc.
The trade sellers are all saying that used car values are going through the roof but that is now run of the mill cars rather than the exotics . I personally think that a lot of dealers will try to keep prices high but eventually they will have to drop them as leaving a car "stood" for a year does not do them any good ,as fuel goes off , brakes seize up and there is the electric car revolution coming up much sooner than the 2030 deadline.
Bigglesmagoo

Post by Bigglesmagoo »

I've been watching ftypes on autotrader for a while too. Like you say, the ones there now have been there a while but the good ones do seem to still go quickly. Good as in spec, rather than "good" price.

I was watching a particular 400 sport in Newcastle that was at ~£58500. Its been on for months and then it dropped to £57490 and then disappeared. That still doesn't seem like a good price to me... Even though it was an 18 reg with low miles but spec wise it was standard 400 sport.

I'm hoping for more normal prices, but doesn't appear to be happening. I wish id kept the one I paid 43k for back in November 2020 haha
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

Fuel ,i.e. petrol and heating now at highest levels for years , threats of interest rates going up on mortgages and people now able to book foreign holidays without the expensive pcr tests .People will have other things to spend their wages on other than cars.
Classic cars went stupid in the 1990s only to come massively back down to earth just like house prices did. 2008 was another year when the finances of people took a beating. All it takes is the media to put some headlines out to bolster their daily sales . (Remember petrol shortages a couple of weeks ago?) Absolutely no need to panic buy but everyone still did and now petrol stations are dead because everyone still has a full tank.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Maybe WBAC are sensing the market correctly but the cheapest P300 on AT at moment is £61777. Couple weeks ago there were a few in the £50k region.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

WBAC are still gradually reducing my valuation. Currently £10k lower than similar cars for sale advertised prices on autotrader.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

It is tempting to take the cazoo offer. I’d make 7k in 4 months..lol
Bigglesmagoo

Post by Bigglesmagoo »

I've got my eye on this one:
https://used.jaguar.co.uk/approved-used ... 3?___SID=U

I don't know what the "correct", non panic buying price would be. 55 does seem high, but I would think that given what I paid for one in November 2020.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Bigglesmagoo wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:12 pm I've got my eye on this one:
https://used.jaguar.co.uk/approved-used ... 3?___SID=U

I don't know what the "correct", non panic buying price would be. 55 does seem high
£49k with cazoo
£43k with WBAC

So yes! Way overpriced

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post