Used values when back to normal

Anything F-Type related......
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

bob_mcn wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:42 pm All this buy, sell, rebuy, resell about future values doesn't really interest me. :roll: ... I have my F type right now and am enjoying it, :D I may take a hit, read 'will' ;) , in the future, so be it, that's the way of buying cars, I'm happy with my deal and am just enjoying it for however long I can. :D :lol: 8-)
Exactly, who cares what the price might be in 3 or 4 years. If you can't afford the potential drop you can't afford the car. I bought new so lost in the order of $30,000 the day I drove it off the lot. With Australia's tax laws if I had bought new unregistered I would also have had to pay Luxury Car Tax, roughly another $40,000 I would have dropped driving off the lot (lucky I didn't). But I suspect over my ownership (probably 4 years if like my XE) I will lose in the order $90,000 (without running costs) or so - sensible would be to buy a Toyota Prius and lose $10,000 and have much cheaper daily costs. But life isn't about driving a Prius, it is about driving a Jagggg :D
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:31 pm... it is about driving a Jagggg :D
In the UK it's pronounced Jaaaag. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:45 pm
Hammers wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:31 pm... it is about driving a Jagggg :D
In the UK it's pronounced Jaaaag. :lol:
I stand corrected....must be the funny accent.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Is it me or are prices still going North!

I just did a check on WBAC and they offered me only £6K less than when i bought the car nearly 3 years ago
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Be3n watching few cars and one in particular started at 38k then 40/42/43k over a couple of months. Noticed it’s now back to 40k and has sold.
So think it’s receding
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

Over 700 f types now on auto trader and 300 on piston heads . They are not selling as fast now so how long can dealers sit with them on the forecourt before they have to move them on?
Modern cars do not like to be sat around without being run especially now that E10 fuel which apparently builds up moisture in tanks is now on sale. Water and electronic injectors are not good bedfellows.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:44 pm Be3n watching few cars and one in particular started at 38k then 40/42/43k over a couple of months. Noticed it’s now back to 40k and has sold.
So think it’s receding
Interesting to see a tracked price evolution. Not sure this indicates prices receding. I suspect the dealer was a little optimistic at 43/43 (and why not try) but he still sold at £2k above what it was previously sold at.

I don’t see prices receding anytime soon as production delays and supply limitations and delays are only just really ramping up as factories close or reduce production further

Anyway - no worries as no intention on my side to sell soon
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
kevc

Post by kevc »

My trade in has gone up another £250 on WBAC while I'm waiting for delivery, despite adding 1000 more miles.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

In Australia it is hard to trend as there isn't a lot of stock. The interesting thing I have seen a number of times though is used F-Types at a price and not move then the price get put up by the dealer and they sell. Not massive increases but $3-4K, just makes me wonder if people don't research very long and impulsively buy, or whether the change in price moves the car up the advertising listing and suddenly people notice it again. But as I say not many cars so unless they are looking at all sorts of cars to buy not like it would move far in the lists.
badger

Post by badger »

i have just sold mine today, had it 18 months and sold it for £3200 more than i paid for it. absolutely loved the car but i needed something a bit more practical , havn't bought anything yet but took the opportunity to cash in while prices are high.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post