Used values when back to normal

Anything F-Type related......
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:52 am
Hammers wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 am I don’t buy cars I can’t afford ...
A lot of people buy the cheapest car they can't afford - they get suckered into "just" going over their budget! :lol:
I’m sure they do 😂

Some people shouldn’t be allowed to go to car dealers by themselves
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Not clear about used UK prices, but for the record, JLR is offering $10K incentives for buyers of 2021 F-Types in the US.
When I purchased my 2021 380 vert in January, I got an $8K JLR incentive and there were quite a few F-Types available off the lot nationwide.
When I did the math, it made more sense to buy new with full 60 month warranty and service than to pay what was asked for a 4 year old used.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 am Certainly not back yet.
Sold Macan on Friday after watching for months as was going up and down and thought it reached its highest being more than a new one.
Checked this morning and shot up another 2k!
I don't get the logic. Surely all car values are going up and down with the tide. So what do you gain from selling one car when the price goes up (assuming you have to replace it).
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

I'm wondering if this might suit manufacturers in a way. There is a dire need to push electric vehicles - it's only 4 years until landrover will be 100% electric and jag to follow

in a way they need prices to go up for non electric vehicles so consumers think more about switching
Deleted User 3357

Post by Deleted User 3357 »

Hello

well purley just out of interest put my f type into we buy any car just for curiosity

now has gone up by £500 ... so now according to them my example is worth £35500 ??

IMG_20170518_155846653.jpg

Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

Kaspa wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:58 pm Hello

well purley just out of interest put my f type into we buy any car just for curiosity

now has gone up by £500 ... so now according to them my example is worth £35500 ??
It's intriguing to say the least, but a cautionary tale here, I sold my Audi A4 recent and WBAC had it at £25.5k but once they came in person they mentioned it had dropped quite heavily in market value (which was not down to condition of the vehicle which was showroom level) so not always likely to get what their online algorithm shows.

Separately, I did start to wonder how much the F-Type could hold value or even appreciate once JLR make the switch to electric in a couple of years. I was actually looking at a 2017 2.0 F-Type in blue going for £33.5k and can't really figure out how i feel about paying that number. Closer to £31k and I may well be keener! Finally found my non-negotiables and this one ticks all the boxes...other than price
Black 2.0 R-Dynamic MY19 F-Type
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

I reckon used petrol/diesel fuelled cars will command good prices for some years as supply of new ones drop off.

But at some point,....and who know exactly when this will be...I believe values will drop off a cliff rapidly when the petrol station infrastrucure, parts supply chain and availability of mechanics drops off. I really do think it will drop off really quickly when we get there. The trick will be to figure out when that will be.

I already think it is too late, or at least unwise, to spend much more than £50k on a petrol fuelled car as we might get to that tipping point in around 10 years.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

All this buy, sell, rebuy, resell about future values doesn't really interest me. :roll: ... I have my F type right now and am enjoying it, :D I may take a hit, read 'will' ;) , in the future, so be it, that's the way of buying cars, I'm happy with my deal and am just enjoying it for however long I can. :D :lol: 8-)
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Lots of websites and associated agencies reporting used car prices will continue to go up....

From this week.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- ... rices-high
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Glad I didn't buy gap insurance. These days you could have a gap policy paying back less than a standard policy that pays latest market value.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post