Used values when back to normal

Anything F-Type related......
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Anybody get a value on their car six months ago to compare to now?
Trying to gauge what they’ll go back to. Will help in deciding, but at the moment it’s looking like I’d be a fool to buy anything but new with £8500 discount putting it within just a few grand off a year old one and in some cases £2k cheaper!
Looking at P300 R Dynamic only with just metallic paint option at just under £51k

I’m looking to minimise loss over four years. Guess no more than 5k a year meaning hoping to get £31k when four year old.

Judging by the finance configurator final payment looks like they think it will be about £26k

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Difficult to compare last 6 months to next 3 years.

There are some good used cars out there.
https://used.jaguar.co.uk/approved-used ... 0?___SID=U

Was £62480 OTR price originally and has black pack, Pano roof, metallic paint, 20" wheel upgrade, fixed rear spoiler, maybe privacy glass. Used approved website is pants now.

Still on a 21 plate with 2500 miles at £48,499
Significant saving and shows potential loss over 1st year.

Saves waiting for semi conductors and delays on new builds. Possible 1% to 1.5% wiggle room, if no wiggle room then ask for free service plan for 3yrs etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:05 pm Anybody get a value on their car six months ago to compare to now?
Trying to gauge what they’ll go back to.
There's an assumption in your question that values will revert to some sort of normal or 'truth'.

To me values will be a product of supply and demand at any point in time. The recent gap in supply of new cars might not be retrospectively plugged...so that impact might remain priced in. Then there is the recent jump in inflation that might persists and put further upward pressure on values, both new and used. Many variables could have an impact in future.

Whether or not we should speculate depends if we see buying a car as an experience or a commodity.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I’m looking to minimise loss over four years,

Surly you bought the car for the wrong reason?, just go and enjoy it.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

One of my clients is quite successful in car wholesaling, when I was talking to him about getting the mustang as a toy he said that he thought the prices would stay up for about a year or so but then when they fall they will go to what they should have been all along, i.e. you will get two years' drop in one hit. Of course that's just speculation, there are all sorts of factors in why the prices are high whether it is supply or increased demand. For my part, i'm not spending about $20K a year on overseas trips during COVID and I dont see that changing any time soon, so it was a good time to blow out or blow up.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Certainly not back yet.
Sold Macan on Friday after watching for months as was going up and down and thought it reached its highest being more than a new one.
Checked this morning and shot up another 2k!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I don’t buy cars I can’t afford and don’t speculate on what the future resale might be. Just buy something you can afford to lose money on and enjoy it.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 am I don’t buy cars I can’t afford ...
A lot of people buy the cheapest car they can't afford - they get suckered into "just" going over their budget! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

scm wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:52 am
Hammers wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 am I don’t buy cars I can’t afford ...
A lot of people buy the cheapest car they can't afford - they get suckered into "just" going over their budget! :lol:
Yes done that before, buying not quite what you want and then regretting it.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Looks like dealers are getting their prices from WBAC.
Guy just told me gone up 2k in two weeks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post