2014mm ….. the width of the opening to my garage.

Anything F-Type related......
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

I measured this before looking but boy it’s tight!

With the f-type being 1923mm wide (https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f ... index.html) I have 9cm grace. I am looking to change my manual up and over for an electric insulated door and hoping this will free up a few cm’s.

Stu

scm

Post by scm »

Stuno1 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:09 pm I measured this before looking but boy it’s tight!

With the f-type being 1923mm wide
It's 2042 mm from mirror to mirror .... hopefully, they retract within the 1923 dimension.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

scm wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:30 pm
Stuno1 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:09 pm I measured this before looking but boy it’s tight!

With the f-type being 1923mm wide
It's 2042 mm from mirror to mirror .... hopefully, they retract within the 1923 dimension.
Indeed. The measurement I provided is mirrors in. Knew I should have held out for a house with a double garage 🤪
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I replaced mine with the frameless insulated sectional doors. Losing the frame on each side made a huge difference. Still manual as the electric operation was extra and not really necessary.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:40 pm I replaced mine with the frameless insulated sectional doors. Losing the frame on each side made a huge difference. Still manual as the electric operation was extra and not really necessary.
That’s what I need! What brand did you go for? If I can get rid of the frame i would have 22cm’s lee way which would be more than enough. Never have such small measurements meant to much……
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It was a Garador, but that was driven by getting the right look and wood colour (even though it's metal).

The frameless door and track sit inside the brickwork opening, so you do lose a couple of garage inches length wise. But then it opens vertically so you can park right up to it and it still open and close it

Those extra cm's make a huge difference, from phew that was really tight, to easy peasy even at night. (see the other post about ripping of the door handle, ouch, makes a new door a bargain. Must remember to lock the doors when going on and out of the garage in future).

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Thank you.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I also switched from an up and over door to a roller door. Losing the frame of the old door freed up about 16cm so I also cut the brick opening back by almost half a brick each side and now there’s no problem at all. Not only makes the door opening wider but frees up space above as the door rolls up into a small 30 x 30cm box. Also seals better so less drafts etc but be careful to ensure adequate ventilation to allow moisture to escape. Mine’s electric with a remote so when I get back and it’s raining I don’t get wet 😬
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

The issue I have is either side of the garage door the bricks intrude into the garage different distances on either side. Man why can this be easier! We also have a tumble dryer and fridge at the back of the garage 😔
scm

Post by scm »

Stuno1 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 pmWe also have a tumble dryer and fridge at the back of the garage 😔
Park the Jag in the kitchen, then! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post