Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Anybody retrofitted this?
Pictures

Thanks

scm

Post by scm »

Not me.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

yes, I have tint all round, it is pretty much essential where I live. It came with the car but I had it put on the XKR. Rear window was easy, the rear quarter glass a bit harder. Side windows easy.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Bear in mind that in the UK the standard Jag tint is close to the limit for front side windows at least.
Rear and three quarter glass can be whatever you want but windscreen and front side windows have a limit.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

The F-type is my first car which I haven't tinted or added privacy shades to ASAP after purchase because I don't see much aesthetic or practical need for it.

Just like in the UK the side windows can't really be tinted any further here so I'm not touching them and wouldn't want to mess up the looks by tinting the three quarter glass. I've only considered adding a light tint to the rear window to reduce sun shine heat coming in there.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

MajorTom wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:02 pm The F-type is my first car which I haven't tinted or added privacy shades to ASAP after purchase because I don't see much aesthetic or practical need for it.

Just like in the UK the side windows can't really be tinted any further here so I'm not touching them and wouldn't want to mess up the looks by tinting the three quarter glass. I've only considered adding a light tint to the rear window to reduce sun shine heat coming in there.
Agree!
I’ve never liked aftermarket tints as they can be obvious. I’ll take a look when I get the car and decide then.
Will depend on how raised the elements are to avoid a non factory look
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I tinted the rear window. The result is only OK, but not the best possible.
Fitter had real challenges getting to the glass and not picking up any bits from the soft top. Had to do it twice to be acceptable.
Does sit flush to heater elements so no problem there.
Looks better, but wouldn’t do same again on an F Type
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:19 am I tinted the rear window. The result is only OK, but not the best possible.
Fitter had real challenges getting to the glass and not picking up any bits from the soft top. Had to do it twice to be acceptable.
Does sit flush to heater elements so no problem there.
Looks better, but wouldn’t do same again on an F Type
Thank, this is a coupe so may be better

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post