Think I am going to ride out the storm…

Anything F-Type related......
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

I have all but decided I’ll put off buying a ftype until late this year or early next year and give prices a chance to correct… if it is going to happen. If not I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. I do need a car though for school runs.

I am thinking of buying a 5-6 year old fiesta and running that for the next 6 months or so. My thinking is:
- It will come serviced and with a 12 month MOT
- It is not so old it should suffer any major issues. I have been stung buying older cars in the past.
- It will have suffered most of its initial depreciation so I would expect maybe I would lose 500-1000 over 6-12 months.

So yeah… balls! I have waited this long I can wait longer to get the right car. Good luck to all those still looking.

Stu

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

After dropping for the first time last week by an average of £105, they have gone up again today (I am checking pricing via Jaguar Finance) by around £695.
Every month they seem to predict the price should go down by about £905 per month but still on the rise it seems.

I'm also after a Fiesta ST line, £0 road tax, etc for the winter!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

I know the feeling .Unless one comes up in the exact spec i want i will ride it out too. Wbac seem to be paying silly money but bearing in mind that they are part of B.C.A and Cinch , i am hoping that the Monopolies Commission look into their (In my eyes .) market manipulation.
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

The market situation at the moment is ridiculous. I simply can’t justify the almost guaranteed loss in not a lot of time. I am hoping prices will come down. Time will tell.
Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

I’m in the same boat and currently looking at a really old cheap car to tide me over until December or January. May get a little creative with the options and do a £1000 challenge!
Black 2.0 R-Dynamic MY19 F-Type
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Shaminc3 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:00 pm I’m in the same boat and currently looking at a really old cheap car to tide me over until December or January. May get a little creative with the options and do a £1000 challenge!
I have gone down the older cheaper route before and been stung by repair costs due to age. As such looking per my criteria with the hope of issue free motoring with hopefully correctly anticipated depreciation.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

In the early stages of upgrading our home. Currently with architect. Due to market conditions we are not planning on instructing a builder until Autumn. Refuse to get into the bun fight currently playing out.

Around 1990 I needed a cheap daily. Purchased an old Vauxhall Chevette estate. Came with 12 months MOT. In the year I owned it I change one headlight bulb & topped up water & oil occasionally. Never locked it, never washed it, never let me down. Worry free motoring for £250.00 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Tewy

Post by Tewy »

93123C2B-FE2F-481B-A110-6A863ADAA004.jpeg

D1A778B9-177A-40D1-8104-ADE94FAE920A.jpeg

I bought my early 66 plate V6 3.0 supercharged manual in December 2020 for £29k with 45500 miles on the clock and since then I have had the rear brace struts and backbox replaced. It is a stunning car but what do you think it is worth. I am willing to sell it but then what do I buy that gives you so much pleasure. You may say just keep it but I am a person that likes to improve a car and I feel I have maximised the the amount of work that I can afford to spend on this vehicle.
F type 3.0 V6 supercharged manual, Honda CRV, Jaguar XJ-SC manual 3.6
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

You’re a long time looking at that Lid, don’t buy you’re time, it’s summer, grab the bull by the horns and don’t put of today, what you regret tomorrow!
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

I know what you mean Keith .A lot of people die before realising their dreams but i am lucky enough to have a 4 0n 4 off shift pattern and have loads of free time and a few motorbikes to fill it.
The car will fill my time when the weather gets too cold for biking.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post