Think I am going to ride out the storm…

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Chilliblu wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:30 pm
scm wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:56 pm
Chilliblu wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:46 pmThe great trade in, free delivery and vehicle fully taxed were all benefits of trading at the moment.
Er, AIUI car tax isn''t transferable any more, so no benefit there. It's a cunning way for DVLA to get a double month payment for car transfer.
Not sure of your point. Garage is paying 12 months tax.
Ah, your post was unclear - I read it that because your vehicle was fully taxed you got a benefit from trading it in.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Thats if you can get a dealership to pay VED for a used car, Most won't these days. Mine did not when I bought it in March. I bit the bullet and have enjoyed every minute so far.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

I've sold mine a couple of weeks ago for literally significant thousands of pounds more than I paid. Did it via wbac and had the money straight in the bank, no faffing with people coming to my house and no advertising it. Plus nothing knocked off from the initial valuation they gave me. Didn't really want to sell it but the opportunity to make this kind of money is rare.

Whoever buys it should be happy, in the 8 months I had it, I made sure the diff oil was changed, had those wheels and calipers refurbished and a full service done by an independent. Made all that money back and more so I'm very happy.

Can't believe prices are still rising!
Shaminc3

Post by Shaminc3 »

Looking at recent headlines, even car rental companies (Europcar is the main one I heard about doing this) are struggling to get new cars due to chip shortages and have resorted to buying new/nearly new cars from dealers which is only adding fuel to the fire. There seems to be a general admission that the issues will remain until at least early/mid 2022.

For me personally, the weekly debate in my head around purchasing an F Type continues. The thought of just removing £4-6k off the majority of asking prices and knowing that was what I would have paid a year or so ago is painful!
Black 2.0 R-Dynamic MY19 F-Type
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

Shaminc3 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:03 pm Looking at recent headlines, even car rental companies (Europcar is the main one I heard about doing this) are struggling to get new cars due to chip shortages and have resorted to buying new/nearly new cars from dealers which is only adding fuel to the fire. There seems to be a general admission that the issues will remain until at least early/mid 2022.

For me personally, the weekly debate in my head around purchasing an F Type continues. The thought of just removing £4-6k off the majority of asking prices and knowing that was what I would have paid a year or so ago is painful!
Indeed. Patience is the key. Prices will come back down as soon as supply increases of new cars. I am hating missing this summer with a nice sports car but like you the idea of just chucking 5k ish in the toilet due to impatience makes no sense.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

On the flip side, I'm pondering whether to sell up now (2013 V6S), put the money in the bank for 6-12 months with the hope of getting into a newer V6S next year, perhaps even a V8R AWD throwing in a little extra cash.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Don't do it, interest rates and inflation means you will have less money going forward
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

I've just been out in mine for a 120 mile spin with the speed limiter in the left hand seat after the we buy any car offer and a 7k potential profit I have decided its a keeper and not for sale unless it was for another f type a v8 maybe. Hope you lads waiting to buy get sorted sooner rather than later.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
scm

Post by scm »

Quiet man wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:38 pm I've just been out in mine for a 120 mile spin with the speed limiter in the left hand seat after the we buy any car offer and a 7k potential profit I have decided its a keeper and not for sale unless it was for another f type a v8 maybe. Hope you lads waiting to buy get sorted sooner rather than later.
Good man! Like you, I'd rather have an F-Type on the drive than extra money in the bank. Speed limiter ... :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Sun is out, so will be taking a nice drive out today and looking at the forecast again for the next 7 days😎😎🚗🚗

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post