Carbon Fibre Bonnet & Fender Louvres

Anything F-Type related......
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

07E6AECB-EFC8-4726-8158-CA0174885D97.jpeg

Hi fellow F-Typers.
Have treated myself to some carbon fibre bonnet and fender louvres from the Jaguar clearance sale.
Any tips or tricks or not what to do before I attempt to fit them?
Fitting instructions for the Fender ones seem a bit harsh as I am being asked to drill two holes in each one (chrome ones) to attach a cable tie with which to pull them off :o
Any advice gratefully received
R Dynamic 380 MY18 Santorini Black Coupe

Deleted User 3412

Post by Deleted User 3412 »

Following with interest as mine as due in the post shortly!
From what I’ve read bonnet louvres are easy pressure clips. Side vents seems to have to be destroyed :?
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I changed my side vents by following previous posts on here. Removing the wing panel bolts does allow just enough room for fingers to get behind the clips,. No need to trash the old ones.

It's still a bit fiddly as I seem to remember one clip not wanting to let go. Just use masking tape to protect any surfaces and bolt heads, although I used touch up paint on the very corners of the bolts afterwards. And put a rag in the hole in the sill to stop the bolts dropping in there
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Bonnet vents easy enough, just a little fiddly. I used little bits of old plastic credit cards to make sure the clips don’t pop back into place after you’ve released them , as there are more clips than I’ve got hands!
Deleted User 3412

@popeye - any pics of these fitted?
Mine turned up only for 1 of the bonnet vents to be carbon fibre silver weave so I’m still waiting for a replacement before fitting
Deleted User 3412

Popeye wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:31 pm 07E6AECB-EFC8-4726-8158-CA0174885D97.jpegHi fellow F-Typers.
Have treated myself to some carbon fibre bonnet and fender louvres from the Jaguar clearance sale.
Any tips or tricks or not what to do before I attempt to fit them?
For what its worth, I fitted mine today. Bonnet louvres are easy they just clip out.
Side vents I followed the Jaguar instructions and drilled 2 holes each side and basically yanked them out. Had to revert to pliers when the cable tie snapped but it took 10 mins each side. A tad disconcerting taking a drill anywhere near the car though I must say!
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

@willowftype, sorry just seen this. I did fit mine but didn't go down the drilling route as it seemed a bit cruel. With the bonnet and door open I managed to get the cable tie behind the side vent and then pulled the vent out.
Funnily enough the Jaguar accessories site seems to be selling most of the carbon bits keeping the sale price as now normal price.
Have just received some puddle lights but will have to wait a while as just out of hospital after having an op so can only look at the car for the next 4 or 5 weeks 😩.
R Dynamic 380 MY18 Santorini Black Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post