Replacement tyres (20")

Anything F-Type related......
mickyb28

Post by mickyb28 »

Apologies for the noob post. For the first time in my life, I'm looking at buying new tyres, and I feel a little out of my depth!

Having read/watched various reviews, I concluded that the Pilot Sport 4 or Asymmetric 5 would both suit me (I don't track the car), but I have failed in my attempts to find them online in the same sizes as my current ones:
295/30 zr20 101y rear
255/35 zr20 97y front

Am I right in thinking I can't fit these tyres to my 20" rims? If so, what tyre would you recommend instead? I think the 4S comes in those sizes but I would prefer something better in the wet and quieter.

Thanks!

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I changed to PS4s a few months ago. Car rides so much better on them and is very slightly quieter. Grip levels are far superior to the P Zero's wet and dry. So glad I changed to them.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Black Circles have them...

Black Circles.PNG

Black Circles 2.PNG

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

FYI, Micheline have just expanded their range for the PS AS 4 (all-season) to include both sizes for the F-Type.
May not be what you want but I plan to switch when it gets colder here (Boston USA) in Fall so that I can drive when temps are below 45F / 7C.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I changed from Pirelli P0's to Michelin PS4S' last month. Initial impressions - much more grip and a bit quieter, so I'm happy with change. I appreciate new tyres will always grip better than old ones so it's always going to be a bit subjective.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Philskill wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:06 pm Black Circles have them...

Black Circles.PNG

Black Circles 2.PNG
The OP was after 4’s not 4s’s Phil.
Although the reviews for the two types seem similar overall - gain a little here, lose a little there.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi Lunar

Yes the 4's do seem hard to find certainly at the big online outlets, OP's probably better going to a centre and ordering specifically.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:24 pm The OP was after 4’s not 4s’s Phil.
Although the reviews for the two types seem similar overall - gain a little here, lose a little there.
Aren't the 4s's improved versions of the 4's?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I don't think you get PS4 in the sizes needed for 20" F type wheels. Only PS4S.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

scm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm
Lunar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:24 pm The OP was after 4’s not 4s’s Phil.
Aren't the 4s's improved versions of the 4's?
Well there’s a question, but no I don’t think so - the 4s didn’t replace the 4 and had slightly different best characteristics. I would say the 4s was a slightly more road compromised tyre.
When I got the dealer to put new boots on before sale I managed to get the P0s replaced with ForceContact - they were a fantastic summer tyre - for the 7k miles they lasted 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post