Connectivity, WiFi, software updates etc...

Anything F-Type related......
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Probably nothing can be done here apart from using CarPlay but..
I play my audio from a thumb drive which in other cars I just set to random and that’s it. I’ve noticed with the jag it annoyingly resets every time you restart the car playing the same song and cancelling 'random'.
😡

scm

Post by scm »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am I play my audio from a thumb drive which in other cars I just set to random and that’s it. I’ve noticed with the jag it annoyingly resets every time you restart the car playing the same song and cancelling 'random'.
I too play mine from a USB stick, but mine does sometimes remember where it finished playing previously (haven't worked out any pattern to it though, maybe that's the randomness we're seeking!). And yeah, it is annoying that it forgets the shuffle setting. However, I can get it back in only two touches - one on the media icon to start it playing, and then hit shuffle. A quick right button on the steering wheel and I'm on the first random track!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Mine did that and it wouldn't do a software over the air update, kept telling me 'software up to date' , :roll: when it was on version 18c, and should be version 21a, and connectivity 18.2 when it should be 19.2, so had to go to the dealer, who updated the whole software package in the car and its behaved perfectly ever since. No more starting from the beginning again. :)
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

bob_mcn wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:52 pm Mine did that and it wouldn't do a software over the air update, kept telling me 'software up to date' , :roll: when it was on version 18c, and should be version 21a, and connectivity 18.2 when it should be 19.2, so had to go to the dealer, who updated the whole software package in the car and its behaved perfectly ever since. No more starting from the beginning again. :)
Mines on software 19c and says up to date!
Any workaround for updates?
How long did dealer take to do it?
Cheers. There’s hope yet but not impressed with Jag yet
scm

Post by scm »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:17 pmThere’s hope yet but not impressed with Jag yet
That's because you haven't spent enough time just driving the thing! ;)
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Following on from thread on media problems needing an update to fix...

Cars says no software updates available when apparently there is. I’m on 19C?
How is it checking? Is there a hidden sim as there isn’t one fitted in the centre console?
Tried setting to turn on data but says reading sim and then just stops?
Online video says you can connect and update via WiFi but no such setting available in connectivity?
What about vehicle updates too? Can’t even see that option either?
Pissed dealer didn’t do all this before delivery.
Very frustrating.
scm

Post by scm »

The car has an embedded sim that's used for the tracker and other InControl stuff. Mine is also on 19C and claims no updates available, but I don't care - I don't need the updates to enjoy driving the car. The centre console sim is used if you want the extra online stuff like navigation, traffic, etc. (see the Navigation Settings options). When you turn on data, it's the centre console sim that it reads.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:17 pm Mines on software 19c and says up to date!
Any workaround for updates?
How long did dealer take to do it?
Cheers. There’s hope yet but not impressed with Jag yet
Email jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com and ask them to update your SOTA application, or try your dealer first, they should be able to do it, I take it you've tried the update button on the screen that tells you its version.
I had 'other' things needing sorting. You will need vin number and reg. number to verify with them, otherwise its at the dealer for the software update and it took mine 5 hours.
You seem to be out to pick holes in the car, :? I love mine, these are just little glitches to sort out, every car I've had has these sort of glitches, so no real problem, it doesn't stop me enjoying the driving. :D :D :lol:
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

^^^^^
Thanks for the detailed explanation 👍

Looks like it’s a dealer fix for the update to the media player glitch.
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Thanks, picking faults? Probably looks that way, I’m use to German efficiency 😁
Lots of minor issues all add up

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post