Routeplanner driving me insane.

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I have my F-Type since 2018, and I always used the desktop website to plan routes and upload them.

So I could drive through the mountain passes and along lakes as I wanted.

Often though, I realised while driving, the route was not what I planned. And then you can not just stop and fiddle.

On a trip through the alps last week, I had a problem that I could not upload the routes since the car had no more data connection,

mainly due to the connectivity firmware still being 14.1...

So I found an alternative. I planned the routes on google maps, where you can drag routes to the roads you want to use.

Then I enter start / end in the HERE map online. And I add intermediate points until it is like the google route I want to drive.

This takes almost one hour to prepare, also since HERE refuses to plan a route over a road in its OWN map between two points.

So I need to seek for a 'break point' from which it does allow to use that road /route. See eg points 6 & 7 in this route.

This time I photographed these waypoints from the HERE route planner, to enter them into the car navigation the next day.

To my anger these waypoints did NOT generate the same route as it did on the online routeplanner ; again sections were

refused, making an route of 5h taking 9h . So I had to fiddle again in the car, taking another half hour or so.

So all the years before, it probably did not use my route with all waypoint, but generates a BOGUS route : this knowledge explains a lot !! :evil:

route.jpg

I wonder if anyone has this experience too.

And if anyone uses google maps on the desktop and than transfers it to his phone, simply using android auto to navigate with google in the car.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I bought a Tom-tom!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I have got it to work occasionally but as you say, it’s quite happy to change what you set up and also tries to take you down unclassified roads far too frequently. I also use google maps with CarPlay but this can be frustrating as the latency in the display of your position on the map means you’re often ahead of where it shows and it’s easy to miss turnings etc. Also, can’t get google maps to give voice instructions through CarPlay.

Bizarrely, my VW Polo has CarPlay and google maps works perfectly in that, with no discernible display latency and voice instructions! Go figure….
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 pmBizarrely, my VW Polo has CarPlay and google maps works perfectly in that, with no discernible display latency and voice instructions! Go figure….
The F-Type is much quicker than the Polo, and Google maps can't keep up with it? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scm wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:08 pm
GusA wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 pmBizarrely, my VW Polo has CarPlay and google maps works perfectly in that, with no discernible display latency and voice instructions! Go figure….
The F-Type is much quicker than the Polo, and Google maps can't keep up with it? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

GusA wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:55 pm Bizarrely, my VW Polo has CarPlay and google maps works perfectly in that, with no discernible display latency and voice instructions! Go figure….

..sell the F-Type, buy a Volkswagen ??? 8-)
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

I tried it once and it told me my trip would take over 4 hours, the same route on Waze and Google showed 2 hours - it took 2 hours, I haven’t tried planner again.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I now have an android phone. Motorola X4 , android 9. No problems, no worries. No dirty android stuff like Samsung.

But I can't get android auto to function. And the dealer says " dunno, everybody had apple and it works "..

So how do I connect an Iphone if it has USB-C and the car has regular USB... ... by Bleutooth ?
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:33 am So how do I connect an Iphone if it has USB-C and the car has regular USB... ... by Bleutooth ?
Er, a USB C to regular USB cable? :? Your phone probably came with one to charge it (don't chargers all use regular USB?).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Had a couple of Motorola phones in the past, very good.

My pixel came with this adapter for USB-A to USB-C. Some game console cables also work

IMG_20210720_113155.jpg

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post