All F-Type models from 2016 to forget dynamic mode on startup

Anything F-Type related......
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Bulletin H239 attached with affected models and VIN range.

This was applied to my car today at JLR Pentland Dundee without warning when my 66 plate AWD R went in for a service. I am sick to death of their dreadful customer service. They should have told me this was going to be applied but couldn't be bothered and the arrogant tw@t of a service manager wasn't bothered in the slightest.

Every time I take my car to them I get awful service. It has went to them twice for 2 MOT's and each time, the car has come back with battery drain and the vehicle wouldn't power down properly. The Service Managers words were "We've done nothing wrong".

Will never be using Pentland Dundee again. There's no independent garage anywhere near here unfortunately! Ugh

Bulletin attached.
0437_001.pdf
(75.62 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I believe there are many H239 bulletins.

Mine had H239 applied two years ago which did nothing other than it forgets dynamic mode after each ignition cycle which is no issue to me.

However I've had more H239 updates pending for the past year and told Jaguar Derby "no software updates" and they didn't.

I believe different H239 updates also start to quieten the car down in the future by not opening valves even in dynamic mode until after 1500rpm. However have been unable to locate this information or prove it.

Also don't forget that after a software update dynamic mode may default to comfort mode and you need to go into I-dynamic screen and select factory setup again to go back to defaults.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Seems strange that it's MY16+ now affected by this whereas it used to be MY18. Why isn't it being applied to pre 16 models? Seems like Jaguar make it up as they go along.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Shhhhhh 🤣
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

😂 Last MOT & service were at JLR Inchcape Derby. Always ask if any outstanding updates due. Nothing flagged up so far, thankfully 😅

Surprised Jaguar don’t communicate the rationale behind the updates 🤷‍♂️
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

During the annual service today, my independent mentioned the above update had been flagged up as outstanding on my MY16. Needless to say, I told him not to do it!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
scm

Post by scm »

NavigatorNI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:52 pm During the annual service today, my independent mentioned the above update had been flagged up as outstanding ...
If it ruins the noise, I'd hardly call it outstanding ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:30 pm
NavigatorNI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:52 pm During the annual service today, my independent mentioned the above update had been flagged up as outstanding ...
If it ruins the noise, I'd hardly call it outstanding ... ;)
Ha! nice! :lol:
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Matford JLR asked me if I wanted this update or not, when it went in for its service and was not surprised when I rejected it.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
basher

Post by basher »

Possibly a silly question / or it's been asked before...

Can we pick & choose which updates we want?

For example... I'd like bug fixes for infotainment to be applied, but NO updates that affect noise / dynamics.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post