All F-Type models from 2016 to forget dynamic mode on startup

Anything F-Type related......
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

Dazarooni wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:59 pm Bulletin H239 attached with affected models and VIN range.

This was applied to my car today at JLR Pentland Dundee without warning when my 66 plate AWD R went in for a service. I am sick to death of their dreadful customer service. They should have told me this was going to be applied but couldn't be bothered and the arrogant tw@t of a service manager wasn't bothered in the slightest.

Every time I take my car to them I get awful service. It has went to them twice for 2 MOT's and each time, the car has come back with battery drain and the vehicle wouldn't power down properly. The Service Managers words were "We've done nothing wrong".

Will never be using Pentland Dundee again. There's no independent garage anywhere near here unfortunately! Ugh

Bulletin attached.
I’ve switched from Pentland Edinburgh to Pentland Perth as the service from Edinburgh was terrible. Can’t complain about Perth. Service has been excellent so far and I would recommend them.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver

Tel

Post by Tel »

You can't blame the dealers completely; They are only doing what they are told to do to each customers cars by JLR and they can, if you allow access to the OBD port, have access get to a lot of data.

We have discussed this back when the bulletin was first let loose, and I advised anyone wishing to protect their car from anyone plugging in (dealers, MOT stations etc) to put on a lockable OBD cover.

Bit late now I guess...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi Basher, chichester will let you pick and choose if you ask the right questions....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

JurassicF wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:05 am Matford JLR asked me if I wanted this update or not, when it went in for its service and was not surprised when I rejected it.
Possibly because I went berserk when they applied it to mine and fabricated the paperwork after I signed the job sheet without it printed on there. WIll not trust them with my car again.
(Went to Matford after Westover showed themselves to be awful. Who can I trust next?)
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

basher wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:52 am Possibly a silly question / or it's been asked before...

Can we pick & choose which updates we want?

For example... I'd like bug fixes for infotainment to be applied, but NO updates that affect noise / dynamics.
Of course you can, it's your car, not theirs.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Well my 2017 convertible just gets louder & louder. I love it to bits. 20,000 miles on the clock now & no chance any Jag dealer is going to touch it. Even at the lowest revs i can with throttle, control the stupid insane cracks & bangs. I live in an old pit village in the east of Leeds. Everytime i go out in the car, all the kids come running. They shout hey mister make it bang. Of course being a city gent i do. Then my Grandaughter shouts out. That's my Grandad. Ha ha , love it. Tip of the day, keep away from main dealers.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Some kids round here make a show of putting their fingers in their ears, even on occasions the noise isn't all that loud. The snowflake generation is growing.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post