In control touch pro set up

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Chrisjaglover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 pm Been out all day just got back logged into Jaguar.here.com and car now shows, so just the time part as others had said. Checked in the car and the sat nav still says “license expired” selected help and it says ‘“ go to Jaguar.here.com to renew or extend your license” unless I am just stupid or blind I can’t see anything about license on there. So guess it is a call to Jaguar CRC tomorrow.
Ah just thought do I have to buy and download the latest map to get a license?
There are about 4 different subscriptions I think for the different services although it’s not clear which one does what in some cases! Think you will need a subscription for the map updates separate to the remote / secure subs.

Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Looks like updates are free for three years in UK then it’s £89 for one year or £129 for three.
Suggest checking, especially if nearly three year old, and update. Despite being a 2021 car mine was running a 2014 map!!
You have to download directly to a usb drive, so can’t save on desktop. As matter of interest, not having a 64Gb thumb drive, I successfully used a large capacity micro SD in a USB adapter and this works fine. Many have these as there in dash cams and phones etc and could save you a few bob.

After such getting onto memory card simply put in either cubby usb socket and load nav and it dies the rest. Takes about 30 mins but annoyingly requires the engine to be running!
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Jaguar in control remote which includes the map updates was £57.60 for two years yesterday. My in control app updated the subscription today as others have said. I think it was £39 for one year.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
scm

Post by scm »

Brendub wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:42 pm Jaguar in control remote which includes the map updates was £57.60 for two years yesterday.
I have InControl Remote Premium, but the Service Description in the app doesn't say anything about maps ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Just looked at my subscriptions:

Pro Services - allows 'Live' and Wifi Hotspot (although I turned this on the other day for the first time and it wanted a password which I've never set!) (this service is active for 10 years then needs a subscription, all others are 3 years from purchase of car)

Protect - See fuel state remotely and car location, journeys and SOS function

Remote Premium - Allows interaction with the car and shows car location (yes, I know this overlaps with Protect subscription)

Secure Tracker - As it says, activates the secure tracker system with 24/7 coverage (you need the tracker to have been spec'd by the original purchaser.

None of these says anything about map updates, when I go to the HERE site it says you need an active Map or Map & Services subscription to get map updates.

Overall the subscription services are very poorly described and certainly some overlap between different services. I find it very difficult to believe that they could not simplify and clarify what you actually get - is it really that hard?
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

GusA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:40 pm Just looked at my subscriptions:

Pro Services - allows 'Live' and Wifi Hotspot (although I turned this on the other day for the first time and it wanted a password which I've never set!) (this service is active for 10 years then needs a subscription, all others are 3 years from purchase of car)

Protect - See fuel state remotely and car location, journeys and SOS function

Remote Premium - Allows interaction with the car and shows car location (yes, I know this overlaps with Protect subscription)

Secure Tracker - As it says, activates the secure tracker system with 24/7 coverage (you need the tracker to have been spec'd by the original purchaser.

None of these says anything about map updates, when I go to the HERE site it says you need an active Map or Map & Services subscription to get map updates.

Overall the subscription services are very poorly described and certainly some overlap between different services. I find it very difficult to believe that they could not simplify and clarify what you actually get - is it really that hard?
Hi GusA
I also got Pro services with the car, I have the remote app that shows where last parked, mileage, fuel level, and-tracks journeys. You can also lock and unlock the car remotely. My account say’s it expires in 2027 so 10 years from new as you say. I have also found out by accident that the car has secure tracker active, the dealer say’s this is included with the car so is a bonus.(not going to argue with that). I am happy with the level of my pro services, and not bothered about the protect & remote options. I have now got a Jaguar HERE account that shows the car and says I have access to other benefits like live traffic updates. The account recognises the car but the car sat nav says my license has expired so won’t let me use the options such as live traffic. So I think I now need to buy map updates to get the license. Going to check with Jaguar CRC tomorrow. As you say how hard can they make it!!
MY18 400 Sport convertible RWD Santorini black , loads of toys & noise
Deleted User 1715

When you go on the Jaguarshop.here.com website and select maps & services there is a list of all the available maps, if you have a valid subscription the red box to the right of each map says “get latest version”, if you don’t have a valid subscription the red box says “add to basket” and there is a price above each map set. Most map subscriptions seem to be £89 for one year or £129 for 3 years.
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

GusA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:19 pm When you go on the Jaguarshop.here.com website and select maps & services there is a list of all the available maps, if you have a valid subscription the red box to the right of each map says “get latest version”, if you don’t have a valid subscription the red box says “add to basket” and there is a price above each map set. Most map subscriptions seem to be £89 for one year or £129 for 3 years.
I have seen that and that’s why I think I need to get a map update subscription for the other features to work. Will check with CRC first but will probably get 3 years map updates anyway.

Thanks for the help and taking the time to look. This forum is great.
MY18 400 Sport convertible RWD Santorini black , loads of toys & noise
Deleted User 1715

I think you’re right but sensible to check with customer services - good luck!

Beware that the Jaguar nav system does like to route you along unclassified roads fairly often!
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

scm wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 pm
Brendub wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:42 pm Jaguar in control remote which includes the map updates was £57.60 for two years yesterday.
I have InControl Remote Premium, but the Service Description in the app doesn't say anything about maps ....
You are right, I wrongly thought that it did as I had a good look last night and cannot find ny link to maps, I thought the sub also gave you the map updates. It only states that map updates are free during first 3 years. I am in year 4 and not been asked to pay though wondered if that is because I have the one year warranty when I bought it in March this year. They could make it clearer on the site.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post