In control touch pro set up

Anything F-Type related......
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Finally got round to getting a SIM card for the car to set up touch pro services. I have set up an account on Jaguar.here, put in the vin to add the car. Went to the car logged in to it and set a profile. The car tells me that my license has expired, and say go to Jaguar HERE. Gone back to the web site nothing on there about getting or renewing a license. The account is on there.but manage vehicles say I have no vehicles. Set up up again went back to the car again. Again it say license expired, go back to web site it say I have no vehicles set up. Been round in this circle 6 times. Site FAQ’s has nothing and you can’t get hold of anyone at Jaguar after 15;30. Followed the web site instructions but nothing seems to work aghhhhh
Anyone on here have any advise, (other than eject the sim hit it with a large hammer and forget it)
MY18 400 Sport convertible RWD Santorini black , loads of toys & noise

scm

Post by scm »

By "Jaguar HERE" do you mean the navigation site? That has nothing to do with the InControl services.

I've read that people often have to wait a while (days sometimes!) for the Jaguar servers to catch up with registrations. The dealer set mine up when I took delivery and it's all worked fine ever since (server outages notwithstanding). I've never updated the maps, nor created a profile to login to the car with.

All the sim does is let the car talk to the internet, and access the additional features of navigation, etc. that can be selected through the nav settings. Incontrol works off the car's own internal sim.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Took 24 hrs for mine to show after setting it up, try again tomorrow and good luck!
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

GusA wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:42 pm Took 24 hrs for mine to show after setting it up, try again tomorrow and good luck!
Thanks GusA will have another go tomorrow
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

scm wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:02 pm By "Jaguar HERE" do you mean the navigation site? That has nothing to do with the InControl services.

I've read that people often have to wait a while (days sometimes!) for the Jaguar servers to catch up with registrations.
Thanks scm GusA said almost the same will try tomorrow
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Coincidentally having same problem but was trying to add vehicle to get nav update. Currently says last update is 2014!! It’s 2021 car??
Anyway, when I go back I also get same no vehicles setup?
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I got sorted out on the phone with CRC. If no better omorrow, give them a call.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

Looks like it’s was time that was needed to register the vehicle as worked this morning.
There’s no UK and Ireland. Or even just EU available and it includes Russia which a plains the large file. Annoyingly it’s 29.7gb and a 32gig usb has only 29.3....so close. Also can’t just download and use later as must be direct to usb.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Pacemaker1000 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:34 am Looks like it’s was time that was needed to register the vehicle as worked this morning.
There’s no UK and Ireland. Or even just EU available and it includes Russia which a plains the large file. Annoyingly it’s 29.7gb and a 32gig usb has only 29.3....so close. Also can’t just download and use later as must be direct to usb.
You need a 64Gb USB, takes a few hours to download to the USB and then takes about 20 mins to update the car, all straightforward, just a bit of time. Nav not available on car during update obviously but ignition must be on and uninterrupted throughout so engine needs to be running. I update my USB when the new file arrives and then update the car next time I’m out driving. Only works for PCs and Apple computers running windows or iOS AFAIK.
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Been out all day just got back logged into Jaguar.here.com and car now shows, so just the time part as others had said. Checked in the car and the sat nav still says “license expired” selected help and it says ‘“ go to Jaguar.here.com to renew or extend your license” unless I am just stupid or blind I can’t see anything about license on there. So guess it is a call to Jaguar CRC tomorrow.
Ah just thought do I have to buy and download the latest map to get a license?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post