First Jaguar Service Experience

Anything F-Type related......
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Car returned. Was actually £324.73 for now..

I've ordered the above part T2R36979. Now I have the car back, I can see exactly where the has been leaking, boiling water melting the air intake plastic below :( That will need replaced too I suspect. Anyone know the part number?

PXL_20210721_115258551.jpg

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi scz4,
Sorry, can't help with the Part No but your experience with JLR main dealers is exactly the same as mine so I go independent for servicing.

It's a shame, my F Type hasn't put a foot wrong in 4 years of ownership and I am considering replacing my Mondeo Estate and did think of a Jag XF, but honestly, the thought of going back to my main dealer just puts me off, so I think Merc E class may be considered. What makes it worse is Jaguar CRC has been fanstastic with help on OSH, so the failure in not getting repeat business is purely down to the main dealer.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

all car manufactures are the same, get your money and that's it.
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

I had signed on for a service plan but when my car was stolen and I replaced it with exact same year and model but with only 6k mileage compared to my previous 20k - they would not transfer the plan. I was quoted £780 for 5 year service - so I asked for a breakdown of cost as site said £320 when I checked. It was explained that labour costs were now £220 and hour. I also was shown on the breakdown that they charge just under £5 for the water to top up your windscreen wiper bottle….
I went to a local Indy who came in at half the price and was exactly the same price for parts cost. (Indy labour @£80/h). During the service I asked about corrosion and a few other known issues - I was brought into the garage and given a tour of my car including the underside - I was also invited on the service test drive where I was given 20 mins of free advice on the specifics of the car. OSH was updated whilst I waited . Now on first name terms with my Indy and will go back there for future service.
Have a look at the actual list of tasks on the service which are required and see if it is value for money for the many ‘checks’ that are completed- and a serious question for cars like mine which was 5 years old with only 6k miles… did they really change the diff/oil/brakes on such a low mileage car ? The OSH will say that work was completed as per the requirements- but I have no way of knowing it was actually done ( do they keep service video for new owners to view a few years after service?)
JLR may be great but in my limited experience I trust my Indy more to do a good job and more importantly provide value for money. I love the car and would pay whatever is required for its upkeep but I do think main stealers shoot themselves in the foot with the prices they charge and forgetting the basics of customer service.

Apologies if this seems like a rant but I am really passionate about this car … will go lie down now …
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
scm

Post by scm »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 am... labour costs were now £220 an hour. I also was shown on the breakdown that they charge just under £5 for the water to top up your windscreen wiper bottle….
Given the labour charge is £3.66 a minute, if it takes two minutes to fetch and top up the water it seems you're getting a bargain. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I noticed a diff or transfer box oil change - can't remember which off hand - was a requirement, and checked off as done in the service sheet. However there was no item charge for the oil on the invoice. When I checked, they admitted not done, so I paid some more to get the work done.
Well worth checking the invoice as well as the service check sheet.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

scm wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:09 am
CPBLondon wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 am... labour costs were now £220 an hour. I also was shown on the breakdown that they charge just under £5 for the water to top up your windscreen wiper bottle….
Given the labour charge is £3.66 a minute, if it takes two minutes to fetch and top up the water it seems you're getting a bargain. :shock:
I see where you are coming from BUT the £5 was the COST of the tap water....so you are paying for the labour on top of that!!! As I said at the time I hope at that cost the water has been blessed by the Pope and at the labour costs I hope he is also doing the actual service.....now go in peace to love and serve the lord...amen.
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
scm

Post by scm »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:04 pm
scm wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:09 am
I see where you are coming from BUT the £5 was the COST of the tap water....so you are paying for the labour on top of that!!! As I said at the time I hope at that cost the water has been blessed by the Pope and at the labour costs I hope he is also doing the actual service.....now go in peace to love and serve the lord...amen.
And it'll be the same cost whether the bottle was empty or full when you take the car in! I'd rather pay for the coffee than get it free at those prices .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

My experience with Jaguar Inchcape Derby has been positive. Had service, MOT & plugs replaced in April. Came in approx £500ish. Car is bang-on 👍

Think, as with all things, some good & some not so.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scz4

Post by scz4 »

All ends well. After another rescheduled appointment, Jaguar finally collected the F-type from my home address (25+ miles each way from dealership) yesterday and changed the spark plugs. They had to keep it overnight as one of the plugs was damaged (no idea how) and a new one was shipped overnight... car was delivered back this morning. They put all 6 plugs in the car for me to inspect which was good. No record of them ever being changed and the hexagon bit looked corroded, so believe they are probably original. Feel happier knowing they've been changed. Will be interesting to see if I notice any difference.

Will I use them next year... hmmm.. maybe. They did apologise and explained that the service advisor I was dealing with on the day had to leave urgently (perhaps Covid or family related) and that's what lead to the confusion. Still sceptical though... My lesson learnt is to check every detail on the job sheet before handing the car over.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post