Should I be worried?

Anything F-Type related......
Jackle14

Post by Jackle14 »

Hi guys,

I'm soon due to be moving back to the city centre and unfortunately the parking space provided is not underground or secure. Which is what I would have liked but situations dictating otherwise.

The car would be parked in the small car park next to the apartment block and visible from footpath / road so it is exposedand isn't hidden from plain sight.

I've been concerned by own or two theft posts on here.

There's no CCTV coverage but I guess that wouldn't ever deter anyone.

I'm debating just eliminating my worry and px for something less interesting to steal.

My main concerns are vandalism and theft.

I don't have ghost or anything like that which is my own risk at the moment I know.

My Ftype is a 2015 MY(16) V6. Very bog standard, nothing fancy to be honest.

I love my car but I think it's going to be impractical but a big part of me wants to really keep it.

I have one year remaining on the PCP and was originally planning to keep it.

I feel installing ghost and wheel lock could then make me the target or even worse, still be the target when trying to get out the car since it's an unsecured place.

I guess I'm looking for general opinions on what you guys would do in this situation?

Am I worrying for no reason or do I need to just face facts and px.

P.s. I felt since lockdown and in general I've never really got to fully experience the car apart from motorways and never had the chance to take it through Europe or even North 500. So removing that chance also is upsetting although wondering if that'd ever be achievable in the future anyway.

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Welcome to the forum.

I suppose it really depends on how much you enjoy the car. I've always been of the opinion that one should take reasonable precautions but don't let it rule one's life. If it was me, I'd put a steering lock and OBD port lock on it. No matter what precautions you take, if someone really wants to steal it, they'll take it whatever you do. In that case - that's what your insurance is for.

Balance your enjoyment against your potential worry. You certainly sound like you'd regret letting the car go. IMO, life's too short to have regrets. Keep it, enjoy it and maybe explore the possible availability of a lock-up or secure parking close to your apartment.

Good luck with your move.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Check out full gap insurance in addition to fully comp. Keys at home in Faraday kit. Then enjoy the car and hope it doesn't become an insurance job, but if it is, you're pretty much covered.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Fez

Post by Fez »

Rent a garage....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

As above that is what insurance is for. Your premium will probably go up being parked outside.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:45 pmYour premium will probably go up being parked outside.
Though down as no danger of damage when putting it in a garage! It's sometimes cheaper to insure a car parked on a driveway than one garaged (obviously doesn't apply in this case). ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jackle14

Post by Jackle14 »

Thanks guys for your input, think I'll do the necessary precautions as I agree with "if they really want to take it they will" statements. Not much I can do I guess with the situation I'm in now. Work with that I have got I guess.

It's a shame you can't have anything nice without the worry!

I still get somewhat tempted for px due to the fact the cars are at a higher price at the moment and wonder how long that will last.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If it's of any help we recommend these.
https://www.gapsecurity.co.uk/
They might be able to offer you some advice.
Regards,
Dan.
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Life is to short. Just insure it and enjoy it.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.