Options for aftermarket warranty

Anything F-Type related......
Mikeyf

Post by Mikeyf »

Hi All
What options are there for aftermarket Warranty on my F-Type?
I found AutoProtect; but cant seem to get a private quote; looks like this is trade only.
I found ALA / RAC here https://www.ala.co.uk/warranty/quote-qualification

Anyone know of any other companies?

Thanks
Mike
MY2015 V8 R Coupe
Metallic Black with Black Pack, Black Wheels, Black Leather & Black Callipers.
Debadged apart from black leaper.

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Mike, I think you will find that the opinion would be JLR warranty or save the pounds for a rainy day....or to fund any future issues. Any aftermarket warranty isn't really worth spending on.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Some of the aftermarket warranties only cover labour rates up to £80-£100 per hour which is a waste of time when it comes to JLR, especially in the London area!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I would run a search as it’s been covered several times with all sorts of options

Personally I have never wasted my money as on average it’s the cost of repairs less the sellers costs and profit, so you lose.. Much is excluded too.
Add my F Type & RR with a combined 5/6 years out of warranty and I have c£5k in pocket. Another year and I’m ok for the engine falling out

However, some prefer the security blanket and there is always one happy camper who’s had great payouts
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

So I'm afraid I'm one of those happy campers who's had a lot done on warranty and therefore renewed with Jaguar warranty again. However mine is a daily. Having the warranty and dealer history has also helped me get stuff done for free for items that fall between the warranties. I've just had a 100% goodwill come through for some work as well which they have honored because I have the warranty even though its specifically excluded.

Im hoping to get a "work" car, something like a 16/66/17 plate, Fiesta ST Line 140bhp, zero road tax, in the new year when hopefully we move into a house with double garage, so I'll probably service and MOT next year and if all OK not bother and move to the "put something aside" camp.

For me it was Jaguar warranty or nothing. Each to there own of course. With any insurance policy it's down to the individual to pick what's rights for them.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

SimpleR
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the luxury of a double garage. Although I had one before, I moved in April and this house has a much bigger one at 6m x 6m, so acres of room and full width remote door. Fitted 4 daylight led strip lights instead of a single 60w bulb and almost finished equipping it with a dozen power points. Starting to become a useful space to tinker.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

simpleR wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:18 pm So I'm afraid I'm one of those happy campers who's had a lot done on warranty and therefore renewed with Jaguar warranty again. However mine is a daily.

For me it was Jaguar warranty or nothing. Each to there own of course. With any insurance policy it's down to the individual to pick what's rights for them.

I also have mine as a daily driver so i'll be taking out Jaguars warranty when it rolls around next year but i'll likely spread it out on a CC. I noticed that some people have had issues with other warranty providers not wanting to pay out so i'll go with Jaguar.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Mr.Tea wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:24 pm
simpleR wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:18 pm So I'm afraid I'm one of those happy campers who's had a lot done on warranty and therefore renewed with Jaguar warranty again. However mine is a daily.

I also have mine as a daily driver so i'll be taking out Jaguars warranty when it rolls around next year but i'll likely spread it out on a CC. I noticed that some people have had issues with other warranty providers not wanting to pay out so i'll go with Jaguar.
JLR give you the option of spreading the cost over 10 months for no additional charge.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

And should you wish you can cancel at any time during the payments - although of course you are paying over 10 months so slightly ahead of the average.
Mine was also a daily until recently and I’m just starting my 3rd paid year, after the 24 months that came with the car.
I’ve had 6 claims and substantially ahead of the £1k+ yearly cost so intend to continue in this manner.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Mikeyf

Post by Mikeyf »

Thanks everyone for some great input...
MY2015 V8 R Coupe
Metallic Black with Black Pack, Black Wheels, Black Leather & Black Callipers.
Debadged apart from black leaper.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post