Great GT car!

Anything F-Type related......
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:19 pm
Pacemaker1000 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 pm Did a 200 mile trip yesterday and car proved itself to be a great touring car. No complaints from the originally disapproving other half either. Way superior to a Cayman I was going to buy.
Previous car was a Macan and apart from a slightly higher wind noise that’s it.
Note to Mods: someone has hijacked Pacemaker1000's account and started posting positive messages about the F-Type. :lol:
😂
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

jono_h

Post by jono_h »

I did 1200 miles around North Wales (Snowdonia 360 - the Welsh version of NC500) the weekend before last and had a blast. 6-12 hours in the car everyday with no problems. Great for cruising, but capable enough in the twisty bits - there was one road where I’d have swapped for a Boxster, but it was great everywhere else.

V8S - 34mpg taking it easy on the first 200 miles, 29mpg over the whole trip.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nipped from Canberra to Adelaide the other day, 1164 km (730 miles) was getting just over 36 mpg.

What a great car really comfortable on a long drive I was very pleasantly surprised

Running just over 110 kph (70 mph) all the way

As Ozxfr said though I am going to have to disable the rear spoiler as it pops up at about 115 kph as you nip past a road train then end up slowing to 85kph to lower it again just in case you meet Mr Plod it’s like a big red sign look at me just been driving over the limit which generally is 110

V8R
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Nick wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 am Nipped from Canberra to Adelaide the other day, 1164 km (730 miles) was getting just over 36 mpg.

What a great car really comfortable on a long drive I was very pleasantly surprised

Running just over 110 kph (70 mph) all the way

As Ozxfr said though I am going to have to disable the rear spoiler as it pops up at about 115 kph as you nip past a road train then end up slowing to 85kph to lower it again just in case you meet Mr Plod it’s like a big red sign look at me just been driving over the limit which generally is 110

V8R
Canberra to Adelaide, hope it was prior to the lockdown? :D

As for the spoiler I find mine comes up at around 103kmh on the speedo which I believe is less than 100kmh actual, as for going down I need to be below 80 for a while.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hammers wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:33 am
Canberra to Adelaide, hope it was prior to the lockdown? :D

As for the spoiler I find mine comes up at around 103kmh on the speedo which I believe is less than 100kmh actual, as for going down I need to be below 80 for a while.
:D No but I has clearances to go through Vic and into ADL, currently in quarantine again…

Interesting the speed seems to vary between cars on when it comes up and goes down..
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Coupe and Convertible spoilers work at different speeds. I think convertible is up at 60mph and down at 40mph. Coupe is up at 70mph and down at 50mph.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
scm

Post by scm »

XZ4 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am Coupe and Convertible spoilers work at different speeds. I think convertible is up at 60mph and down at 40mph. Coupe is up at 70mph and down at 50mph.
You think correctly. In some markets you can raise the spoiler by the switch while you're driving, so you can tell the arresting officer that you always raise it manually as you like the look. ;)

With the fixed rear spoiler it's not something I have to worry about! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

In line with my negativity just realised car doesn’t brake when on cruise and going downhill 😀
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Never had a car that would brake while on Cruise Control!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

^^^ Likewise. I've driven 4 automatic cars in the last 18 years and not one of them has applied the brakes when going downhill with cruise control activated. The Jag fares better than the other 3 cars due to the fairly healthy engine braking effect (my father's 2019 Civic Sport appeared to have negligible engine braking in any gear except 1st!), but if you're in a high gear and it's a steep enough hill, inertia is going to take over. Nothing really unusual about that in all honesty, no matter how frustrating it might seem.

EDIT: Reading around, it does seem there are some brands of car that do have braking on cruise control when 'freewheeling' but that also varies within the brand. The Civic, Mazda 6, Mazda 3 and Jag I've driven don't operate that way, you have to apply brakes yourself or in the case of the Jag, drop a gear or two and hope there's enough engine-braking to overcome the acceleration.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post