High beam assist not working

Anything F-Type related......
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

kev, I think you might be talking at cross purposes here. High beam assist is a standard feature in the MY21 builds and just turns the headlights onto full beam if the car doesn't think there's a car on the road ahead of you (or coming towards you). Combined with the headlights in auto it's a sort of "enable and forget" option that keeps the lights at the brightest they can be as conditions allow.

It's not an option I like myself and I disabled it. My father's previous car had it and it annoyed me more than I found it useful so I would normally disable it each time I got in the car at night.

As for why it isn't working for the OP, with everything enabled as it should be, I have no idea. I'd try again, now that you know everything is enabled as it should be (with the headlights set to 'auto') when it's properly dark and go out onto a country lane if possible. If that still doesn't work then I suspect you will need to talk to Jaguar.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

Pacemaker1000

Post by Pacemaker1000 »

^^^^^
Cheers, thanks for confirming standard on my car.
Will try again
kevc

Post by kevc »

Ah I though that was part of the pixel upgrade. Apologies. What does that do then? Is it the one where it turns off sections of the beam rather than the whole thing?
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

As per my previous post, high beam assist simply 'assists' the driver by enabling full beam when it thinks it's safe to do so. It doesn't alter the shape of the beams, it is just there to save you having to turn full beam on and off manually. The Pixel lighting stuff does all the fancy beam shaping and is, as you mentioned before, a £1200 option on all but the R variant.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

Cluck wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:58 amThe Pixel lighting stuff does all the fancy beam shaping and is, as you mentioned before, a £1200 option on all but the R variant.
Isn't it known as Matrix Lighting? That's what the I-Pacers seem to call it, even when it doesn't work for them!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Looking at the manual it seems a few things can cancel it.
The lights have to be in AUTO and for the dipped beam to be active for it to work in the first place.

Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 14-07-58 Jaguar Owner Information.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post