noise..... options for increasing it???

Anything F-Type related......
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

ImageHi All

Long time lurker here.... who has now finally converted to an owner....... :D :D

picked up my Ftype MV16 ZHF, ticked a lot of my boxes....colour, pan roof, mileage, owners, etc....
but i had to compromise on the active exhaust button.....
(if SimpleR is about, would really appreciate a PM to help with a little background)

The dealer explained that if i used the dynamic mode, then i would get more noise from the active exhaust note.
(was wet when he took me out in it, so couldnt really hoon it)
have been trying this but am a little disappointed by the volume....

Q,
is there any way i can increase the volume....??
Remap?, anyway to keep the exhaust valve open?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Matt

MikeF

Post by MikeF »

You could try cccharger.co.uk. They sell a kit that allows you open the exhaust valves whenever you want with a small remote control. Try their website or eBay.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

LR Retrofits get lots of positive reviews and can retrofit switchable active exhaust for £150.
scm

Post by scm »

The active exhaust button doesn't buy you anything extra in terms of noise - in my MY18 it opens the valves at 1500 rpm in non-dynamic mode. If you engage dynamic mode the valves should be open all the time - you can tell at tickover by switching dynamic on and off and hear the difference. Maybe your valves aren't opening - do you get extra noise when you go through 3500-4000 rpm?

Whereabouts are you? Maybe a local forum member can give their opinion and demonstrate their level of noise.

And welcome to the club!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

I can’t remember the fuse number, but in my 2015 V6s it’s in the under bonnet fuse box on the left of the scuttle bay. The fuse map is in the manual.

I pulled the fuse, and it permanently opens the valves, so lots of nice noise all the time!!

However, that’s not what I wanted, so I fitted a switchable fuse in place of the original fuse, and put the switch under the dash on the drivers side. Works a treat, and no issues in 5 years! Cost pennies.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

On a 2016 reg car, the active exhaust should be fully open when you switch to dynamic mode. Even at idle, toggling between dynamic and normal mode there's a noticeable difference in sound.

The car does learn and adapt to the driving style of your journey. If you're in sport and dynamic, lots of throttle and lifting off, mixed with feathering will generate pops and bangs. This will continue for a while with less provocation until you return to normal driving. Also try accelerating hard and changing up early using the paddles, to make it spit on the upshift. It takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

GARETH wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:07 pm I can’t remember the fuse number, but in my 2015 V6s it’s in the under bonnet fuse box on the left of the scuttle bay. The fuse map is in the manual.
I think it's F43 in the early models, F15 in the later ones.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

Gents
Thank you for the various suggestions... will be trying them tomorrow...

Oh yeh am in Llangollen, N Wales...

And thanks for welcoming me to the forum, great place...
Matt
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mattdoyle wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:41 pm if SimpleR is about, would really appreciate a PM to help with a little background
Hi and welcome, car 26234 in Stratus Grey. What do you want to know?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

SimpleR
Thanks for coming back, appreciated.
There is a hpi report that i got as part of the documentation that appears to mention a switchable exhaust as a £350 option?

20210821_152358.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post