noise..... options for increasing it???

Anything F-Type related......
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

Oopps wrong pic

20210821_152325.jpg

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The £350 is the cost of the button as an optional extra. I checked the order form from my V6 where I added the button. Odd that it just says sports exhaust.

You can tell if you have an active exhaust as the valve stubs are visible just before the silencers (engine side). It became standard about a year before your car was registered, so it'd be very unusual not to have it.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

Thanks for that Mick...
Strange that the list says 'switchable active sports exhaust' £350
But there doesnt appear to be any switch....
Maybe the list is wrong... its from a hpi check
Wonder what the original build spec says....
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

You can always email Jaguar CRC for the build sheet with the VIN They replied to me in a couple of days.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Forgive what might be a silly question, but when you say there is no button, do you know the button?

qmjggfqhixshryoxekjg.jpg

Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

For reference, here's my F-Type without the switchable exhaust button.

That's not to say that the cars don't have active exhaust valves, I think it was an option on the 4-pots and base spec V6, but the S and the V8s had the active exhausts as standard. The button just lets you manually open up the exhausts, rather than the car doing so at ~4000rpm.

You can achieve the same result by pulling fuse 43 / fuse 15 as mentioned earlier in the thread.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper
scm

Post by scm »

sebby1990 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:41 pmThe button just lets you manually open up the exhausts, rather than the car doing so at ~4000rpm.
Or by switching dynamic mode on to open the valves all the time. That gives you the option run quieter if you want, without having to replace fuses.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

Thanks lads, appreciate the support...
Tried the 'dynamic mode at tickover test' didnt notice any change in note really.
It does 'roar' on startup, so i guess the the valves are open, but then it goes quiet...
Have just removed fuse 43, it does sound a little louder but havent had the opportunity to hoon it yet so will report back.
Interesting to hear that it learns from your driving style, not wanting to cast any aspersions, (flame suit on), but it was owned by a lady since new, and done 3k pa on average, maybe her driving style has had an effect....

Thanks all so far...
scm

Post by scm »

I think if you drive it like you stole it it'll soon learn to hang on in the gears for you ....

I am surprised that selecting dynamic mode doesn't give you a noticeable burble, though - mine is very obvious.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Mattdoyle

Post by Mattdoyle »

SCM
thanks for the 'sound' advice.....
have removed fuse 53, and have driven it 'spritedly' for the last week..... now it sounds like i think it should.... :D
thanks gents....

more 'newbie' questions to come.....

but will start new threads for them

Matt

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post