Active exhaust valve ‘Squeak’ when operated – Updated parts.

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Jaguar updated the rear exhaust parts (approx January 2017) to include a 'graphite collar' and 'bullet spindle'. Hopefully this will prevent any further issues with the exhaust valves partially or fully seizing.

Reference: SSM72369

Title: X152 - Active exhaust valve ‘Squeak’ when operated

Last modified: 23-Jan-2017

Issue: Customers may report either a ‘squeak’ noise coming from the rear of the vehicle when the active exhaust valve is requested to open or close.

Cause: The active exhaust valve spindle shaft and bush contact area partially seize or in some extreme cases full seizure occurs.

Action: Parts have now been updated to include a Graphite Collar and bullet spindle to prevent this failure and are in service stock. Please only submit EPQR's for failures after K18890.
SSM72369 - F-Type X152 - Active exhaust valve ‘Squeak’ when operated.pdf
(67.04 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Just found this service bulletin post by RPSN.
Are these two parts, graphite sleeve and bullet spindle retrofittable to all active exhausts and can the parts be ordered by customers from JLR?
Just thinking about future preemptive tasks
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Topfox59 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:10 pm Just found this service bulletin post by RPSN.
Are these two parts, graphite sleeve and bullet spindle retrofittable to all active exhausts and can the parts be ordered by customers from JLR?

The updated parts (Graphite collar and Bullet spindle) are built into the rear active exhaust and cannot be bought separately from JLR.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

RPSN wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:40 pm
Topfox59 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:10 pm Just found this service bulletin post by RPSN.

The updated parts (Graphite collar and Bullet spindle) are built into the rear active exhaust and cannot be bought separately from JLR.
Thanks👍
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post