Some dealers don't help themselves

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You would think that with the market position JLR believe they are in their dealers would at least make the effort to present their cars in a half-decent condition.

Although a light coat of rusty brake disc is nothing to bother about a very short drive up and down the road would make it look a lot better - however I can't believe that they would present a car with such an appalling bonnet fit as this.

It's embarrassing to owners, let alone to other dealers that still try hard - come on guys, make a bit of effort.

1.JPG

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

scm

Post by scm »

Not to mention the misalignment of the wheel centre cap and locking wheel nut. And they're much easier to do than the bonnet!
But if they think it's a sellers' market and can crank up the prices .... :o
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

Looks like it needs a good clean!
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

Can the dealer be named please. Or at least the town!
I arrived at a main dealer in Crawley a while back. It was midday. One apparently AUC had a flat tire and another was being polished even though it had a door handle hanging off. Incredible. The car I went to test drive had major electrical gremlins. I didn’t (couldn’t) leave the forecourt in it. I later had a follow up call asking for feedback. Imagine how that went! Have they improved? I’ve not been back!
Between toys :cry:
scm

Post by scm »

Captain Midlife wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:45 pmOne apparently AUC had a flat tire and another was being polished even though it had a door handle hanging off. Incredible.
Maybe the door handle fitter was busy but the polisher was at a loose end? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Let’s assume the guy polishing it hadn’t left the door handle out and given it a whack with the polisher 🙄
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

Lunar wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:02 pm Let’s assume the guy polishing it hadn’t left the door handle out and given it a whack with the polisher 🙄
It was an XF with handle hanging on by wires. :oops:
scm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 pm Maybe the door handle fitter was busy but the polisher was at a loose end? ;)
Busy maybe but by midday both these cars should have been either removed from display or fixed. Had I arrived at 9am then I'd understand. You wouldn't find a torn suit on display in the window of Moss Bros would you? This first impression left me feeling I was not entering a prestige manufacturer main dealer forecourt.
Between toys :cry:
P450Phil

Post by P450Phil »

The trouble is the "main" dealers are all franchises aren't they? And a very mixed bag in my experience. I won't name them but one very local to me couldn't be bothered to arrange a demo for the model I was after, and another left me waiting for 20 minutes for an arranged appointment when the salesman was late - didn't even offer me a brew, Needless to say they didn't get any business. If you're in the SE, the one at the top of the M3 is decent.
P450 RWD First Edition Santorini Black MY21

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post