Locking wheel nut adaptor

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 3398

Post by Deleted User 3398 »

Hi all

I was looking for the locking wheel nut adaptor at the weekend, as I need to get an alloy on the rear repaired (only 3 months old.... :shock: ) I couldn't find it anywhere? Where should it be? I assume it should have come with the car??? I have contacted my local dealer, but no response yet (their service has not been great or even good to date). If I wanted to buy one, where would I find the code??

Thanks. UncleBod 8-)

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Mine was in the pre-cut expanded foam sections in the boot, where the emergency tyre gel stuff is (I say "was" but only because I moved it)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

As Cluck says, mine is in a little recess in the foam by the battery. Alternatively, it may be in the glovebox.
And, ironically, you can find the code stamped on the adaptor. :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Mine was in the bag that holds the tyre inflator in the boot, no stowage for it.
DavidEJM

Post by DavidEJM »

Strange that this should come up today. I had to look for mine this evening (it was under a flap in the boot next to the battery) as I am getting a new tyre tomorrow.

Would you believe that the previous owner kerbed the wheel, effected a reasonable repair to the wheel but has glued down a split in the rear tyre sidewall! I don’t know how long he was driving around like that before I bought it! I found it when cleaning the wheels yesterday.

Seriously, the stupid things people do!
2013 V8S convertible in Firesand with carbon blade wheels
Nicely run in back in 2013 by one Chris Harris, amongst others! :shock: :D :lol:
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

DavidEJM wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 pm Strange that this should come up today. I had to look for mine this evening (it was under a flap in the boot next to the battery) as I am getting a new tyre tomorrow.

Would you believe that the previous owner kerbed the wheel, effected a reasonable repair to the wheel but has glued down a split in the rear tyre sidewall! I don’t know how long he was driving around like that before I bought it! I found it when cleaning the wheels yesterday.

Seriously, the stupid things people do!
Glued the tyre, on a 150+ mph car, unbelievable. I woudn't even do it on a push bike.
Maybe worth checking the brake pads are not made from conflake boxes ;)
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Deleted User 3398

Post by Deleted User 3398 »

So, I found it's hiding place!! Who knew it was under the hidden panel in the boot? I didn't.

Interestingly, I spoke to a person at the dealership who didn't know either. He said he would call me back... 2 days ago.

:D
scm

Post by scm »

UncleBod wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:31 pm So, I found it's hiding place!! Who knew it was under the hidden panel in the boot? I didn't.
The panel is hardly hidden - it's plain to see when you look in the boot on the left hand side! :lol:
The battery and wheel nut adapter is hidden under the panel - I'll give you that. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post