Black Hole!

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Hammers wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:43 am Solved it - no problem. The cup holders just pull out and you can get in below them.

Yep, much easier to remove the cup holders to retrieve lost items from the 'Black Hole'.

As shown here.....

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Another really annoying hiding place for small stuff is under the seat rails. Last week a bunch of coins slid out of my trouser pocket and fell down between the seat and the centre cubby, then made their way in underneath the inboard seat rail on the floor. At first they seemed impossible to get out but after some serious prodding with some trim removal tools I got them out. The F-Type is clearly not built for small loose items. :)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I’ve had the same thing happen and it took a fair bit of work to retrieve the items. I now try to ensure nothing is kept in my pockets and use the door tray instead.

As a precautionary measure, I’ve neatly folded and rolled up a thin black plastic refuse bag and used it to fill the two gaps between the driver's seat and centre console (also done the same on passenger seat). This is hardly noticeable and works a treat!

In case the worst ever happens, I bought a suitable Torx bit (size T50) to remove the seat retaining bolts.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post