Black Hole!

Anything F-Type related......
merlinhx

Post by merlinhx »

Left my carpark ticket on top of the closed cup holder, inadvertently opened lid which is beautifully designed to deposit any thin item on top through the gap at the back into the black hole below never to be seen again!
You pay to learn.................
Liverpool U.K.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I did the same with a half pack of juicy chewing gum about 3 years ago but managed to fish it out eventually!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I made the mistake of putting mine on the dashboard and then, on returning to the car, driving off without removing it. First hard braking I did, the ticket slid forward and now partially obscures the VIN cutout visible through the windscreen!

I managed to get my phone into that gap behind the centre cubby-hole. Took 15 minutes of fiddling (and LOTS of swearing) to retrieve it. I'm sure there's a few quid of change and a dozen pens under my drivers seat too, as it seems impossible to really get under there properly if something drops out of your pocket. I just presumed Jaguar's attitude when designing the car was "a gentleman does not carry items in one's pockets"
Last edited by Cluck on Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Alsam

Post by Alsam »

Exactly the same but with a garage door remote. We looked for weeeks then happened to mention it when in for a trim replacement at the main dealer. They dismantled it and there it was, under the cupholders. Apparently a common event.
First Edition P450
Eiger Grey
Red Brakes
Heated Screen
Panoramic Roof

MY2021
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Did that with my phone - now that was annoying!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I used to place my debit card on the cup holder cover before getting to the tolls booths on the M6T. Thankfully lost a business card down there and learnt before I was a debit cord down..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Have not lost anything yet in the Jag but did have a really bad expeeince in a BMW525 when I lived in Paris in the early 80's.
I tossed the keys onto the dash and they slid into the heater vent, never to be seen again.
Problem was made worse by the fact that I was about 100 miles outside of Paris where the spare keys were.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

And we wonder where those rattles come from!!
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Alsam wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:14 pm Exactly the same but with a garage door remote. We looked for weeeks then happened to mention it when in for a trim replacement at the main dealer. They dismantled it and there it was, under the cupholders. Apparently a common event.
Is there a way to remove as I have done exactly that with my garage remote
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Solved it - no problem. The cup holders just pull out and you can get in below them.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post