Door latches recall

Anything F-Type related......
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

I tried to book the MOT this morning with a jaguar main dealer to be told the first date available is on the 5th of October, my mot expires on the 28th of September so booked with an indy.

The service advisor that took my call could not be more apologetic with the long wait due to staff shortage..

I was also told that there is a recall for my car a 66 reg for the door latches..

anyone had this recall done???
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels

jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Why book in to a Dealer or Independant for the MOT? Why not just take it to your local testing station (which is all the Dealer or Independant will do)?

I got mine done for £45 last week!
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

I supposed you are right, this particular dealer though is very conveniently located and also as i have the extended full warranty just in case!?
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels
scm

Post by scm »

jono_h wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:53 pmWhy not just take it to your local testing station (which is all the dealer or Independent will do)?
My independent is an MOT testing station. So if my car fails, he hasn't done the service properly!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 pm
jono_h wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:53 pmWhy not just take it to your local testing station (which is all the dealer or Independent will do)?
My independent is an MOT testing station. So if my car fails, he hasn't done the service properly!
Sometimes they MOT first, so if it does fail they can rectify when they service. Or save you the service cost if it has failed miserably!
scm

Post by scm »

jono_h wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:52 pm
scm wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 pm
Sometimes they MOT first, so if it does fail they can rectify when they service. Or save you the service cost if it has failed miserably!
Exactly what my man does!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Just to set the record straight it's not correct that all dealers use other MOT stations.

I had my Evoque MOT, service and brake fluid change yesterday at Inchcape Derby.
The MOT was done by the same person who did the service in the in-house MOT 'centre' Price was only £40
There were no spurious advisories, claims for extra work, etc.
Cannot fault as the price was good, collection and return, video of the service, wash and vacuum (would not allow wash on the F Type)
Its Jaguar too and my F Type will go to the same place in a few weeks
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post