Help with F-Type info

Anything F-Type related......
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

At mick
I have the book and went thru it cover to cover.
Great read.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

If you're considering an early car, make sure to read up on the sticky interior issue and think about if you can handle it.

I'd also stay clear of very early V6 cars with an engine produced before mid 2014. Quite a few of them had dodgy con rod bearings which meant that the engine could go bang any time and worst case make the car go up in flames. On the other hand if such an early engine is still running and has racked up fair bit of mileage it's hopefully not affected by the con rod issue.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Andrejsk

Post by Andrejsk »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:05 pm Yes base 340 is open diff and traction control. Probably matters if you want to use it as a drift car and have your own tyre business 😄 or mainly use it for track racing. It's enough of a hooligan when required.

The AWD have a transfer box and not being the base model will have one of the LSD variants.
Hi,
I'm quite new to F types, but a very big fan since they came out.
I'm just about to buy one and I'm weighing the 2018 V6 R-dynamic models. Just wanted to confirm whether the limited slip diff situation (not for v6 340hp but used for 380hp version) applies also to the post 2018 versions when they officially cancelled the S version.
I've driven the 2016 340hp version and honestly I was expecting more from the steering feedback. Is that something that changes with the "S" (or the 380) version as well? Or was it just a very used car?
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Andrejsk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:56 pm
mickjaguar wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:05 pm Yes base 340 is open diff and traction control. Probably matters if you want to use it as a drift car and have your own tyre business 😄 or mainly use it for track racing. It's enough of a hooligan when required.

The AWD have a transfer box and not being the base model will have one of the LSD variants.
Hi,
I'm quite new to F types, but a very big fan since they came out.
I'm just about to buy one and I'm weighing the 2018 V6 R-dynamic models. Just wanted to confirm whether the limited slip diff situation (not for v6 340hp but used for 380hp version) applies also to the post 2018 versions when they officially cancelled the S version.
I've driven the 2016 340hp version and honestly I was expecting more from the steering feedback. Is that something that changes with the "S" (or the 380) version as well? Or was it just a very used car?
I have a MY20 P380 R-dynamic and it has a LSD, the P340 still has an open diff. Mine also has adaptive suspension which I think was an option on the P340. As for steering, I would take a close look at the tyres for uneven wear or signs of poor alignment but remember the F Type is not a light car, especially the AWD versions. Great GT cars though.
jonm

Post by jonm »

Go for an LSD if you want to use on a track, allows you to put down more power through corners, if just for road use your probably better off without as they have issues that start with whining and knocking from the diff and costs thousands for a replacement diff.
The DSC will stop you spinning the wheels and losing control, If you keep off dymanic mode that is! Even with an open diff the DSC in dymanic mode will let you swing the back end out.
As for steering, all from model year 2016 onwards are electric power steering and light but switching to dymanic mode weights up the steering give it more feel.
My16 F-Type V6 340

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post