Unrecognised VIN for updating maps

Anything F-Type related......
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Ok so I now need to order a 64 GB usbโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Thanks for all the advice on here, it is so helpful to have everyone at beck and call.๐Ÿ˜Ž
So 64 gb usb and format to FAT32 as soon as I get it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Will let you know how this develops ๐Ÿ˜‚
400 sport RWD Convertible in silver
Low n loud!

martync

Post by martync »

Similar issues I think when trying to add a vehicle to an existing account. Got one car on there but for the second it just says 'please enter a valid VIN' and we've had both cars for a while now.

Downloading the maps update for the F-Type which takes a long time and also hoping it won't take that long to update the car!
F-Type Coupe P300 R-Dynamic Portofino Blue MY2020
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I think I had the valid VIN issue to begin with. Unfortunately can't remember what I did to resolve.

It might have been that the car was still attached to the previous owners profile and it was sorted out when I asked my local dealership to reset the InControl details
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

So after a few days of pulling my hair out I have finally updated the map! It started with me thinking I would get a usb that it would definitely fit on so in comes the 1TB usbโ€ฆ. It took 2 x days to format and then after that it said formatting failedโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
When I got the 64mb usb it formatted it through Rufus in about 5 seconds! 3 hours to download the map then about 10 mins to upload to car!
Finally thereโ€ฆ. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
Low n loud!
scm

Post by scm »

Geeboy360 wrote: โ†‘Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:59 pmWhen I got the 64mb usb it formatted it through Rufus in about 5 seconds!
64 millibits is no size at all! I think you meant 64GB. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chilliblu

Post by Chilliblu »

Ok I am totally stuck with this!!!! I have registered my car with My Jaguar, which recognises the car and me. It lists my correct VIN and car details but... as soon as I go into the InControl section to update maps it states it does not have a vehicle for me. It then asks me to add a VIN. I go through this loop add the VIN it then takes me to a route planning screen. I try to go back yo maps and it again tells me I have no vehicle registered.....argh. I cannot get it to recognise I have a vehicle that it does recognise on the jaguar owners site. I have tried resetting passwords and going through the loop several times. This is so annoying. what am i doing wrong???
scm

Post by scm »

I think you should wait a day or two for everything to work through the system - folks have previously said they were able to get it working after some time had elapsed. Apologies if time has already elapsed.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Geeboy360

Post by Geeboy360 »

Chilliblu, try this link.... it worked for me!

https://www.jaguar.here.com/
Low n loud!
Chilliblu

Post by Chilliblu »

Thanks SCM and Geeboy. waiting a couple of days seems to have done the trick. On maps it says 1 year and 3 year subscription? what does this mean?
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Chilliblu wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:55 am Thanks SCM and Geeboy. waiting a couple of days seems to have done the trick. On maps it says 1 year and 3 year subscription? what does this mean?
Just whatever subscription you have. New cars come with 3 year subscription and most just buy 1 year subscriptions afterwards if you want to use the Jag nav system.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post