Service due

Anything F-Type related......
Chilliblu

Post by Chilliblu »

Hi All

I have a 2021 F-Type I4 R-Dynamic with 4,000 miles on it. It is now 6 months old and this morning flashed up "service due in 1600 miles". does this sound normal? is it normally 12 months or a set mileage? or does the car have sensors to report earlier services if required?

scm

Post by scm »

It's 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I think the car has some sort of intelligence to predict when a service is needed, but I stick to the 12 months/12,000 miles (always on time, alas!) regardless of what the car says.

You can go to osh.jaguar.com, type in your VIN and access the service schedules for your vehicle.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Interesting - the first service on the R-Dynamic 380P (6 cylinder) is 12 months or 16,000 miles.
Since nobody seems to drive their F-Type 16K miles annually, it would seem all are on the annual service.
I expect to have about 8K on my 2021 when it comes due.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
scm

Post by scm »

Ah, it seems the i4 has extended the mileage interval. I sit corrected. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The 1st service is calculated from when the warranty was registered/started which is usually when the PDI is done but not always.
(For example a showroom car will have a PDI but might sit for 3-6 months before being sold as new).

So even though you have had the car for 6 months I am guess it is actually about 10 months old if it has started a mileage countdown. If you check https://osh.jaguar.com as advised it will show you when it is due. (I was going to have a look for you but appears you put a private plate on the car).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Chilliblu

Post by Chilliblu »

Thanks for the information Guys. I have checked the VIN and you are correct the PDI was 10/2020. But to make things more confusing it shows the dealer servicing the car 07/21 at which time the car had done 2000. So the dealer did a pre-delivery service and since then I have completed an additional 2000 miles. So either way it does not make sense the car informing me I need a service in 1600 miles? Unless something was not reset when the preparation for sale service was completed? or is preparation for sale not a proper service?
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Mine was the same Chilliblu, came up a couple of weeks after purchasing, even though I'd confirmed with the dealer the service was not for 8 months. Also on my handover the Tyre pressure warning came up, so they clearly hadn't been checked before handover either.

Many JLR dealers version of the Approved Used 160 point Pre Delivery Inspection is basically to wash it...

My MOT and Service are frustratingly not at the same time either.

Easy enough to reset the service counter yourself once you've confirmed in the Online Service history it's not needed.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

My car was PDI'd in March 2019, probably when delivered to the dealer. It wasn't registered until September 2019 when it became a dealer demo, before being sold to the first owner 6 months later (when VAT qualifying).

The warranty start date is shown in the online service history and for my car coincides with my first registration date.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post