Manual Gearbox Cars - Clutch Pedal 'Feel' from cold

Anything F-Type related......
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

are you trying to drop the clutch too quickly ? as there is a delay valve built into the slave cylinder

Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Not dropping the clutch just find it very jerky unless you really focus and change very slowly. I have had lots of high powered manual cars eg 400bhp TVR Cerbra and I’m finding the most challenging to drive smoothly and quickly.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

I had a cerbera too. I managed to rip the clutch plate centre out of it . It might be worth trying the clutch bleed thing as any air in the system will not compress and it may not be fully disengaging the drive when you press the clutch ,causing you to be trying to pull it out and into gear with the drive still partly engaged.
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Cerbra was a beast but really unreliable. I twisted the block cost £10k to rebuild☹️

The changing gear is smooth. It’s letting the clutch out and engaging the next gear. Feels like I am a new driver and a bit jerky unless I’m ultra careful and slow in lifting the clutch.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

Hi Darren...just in case it helps, I have no problem with fast starts from cold or a complete stop. No jerkiness at all in any situations...it's always fluid and feels refined to a predictable bite point. The only 'issue' I have is as described in my first post...the clutch doesn't seem to eager too spring back on first start, but then it's seems fine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post