Quiet Start Mode - V6 S

Anything F-Type related......
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

Hi all...me again. I did a search on this, and found a positive response in 'Things you didn't know about your F-Type' but he was kidding!

So is there no way to stop it starting loudly? I like it of course...but I get looks from people in the supermarket etc who clearly think I'm just revving it up and showing off!

J.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

In short, no I don't think there is. Other than selecting D or R very quickly.

However if the engine restarts as part of the auto stop/start it does a completely normal restart with no additional revs so it must be for a reason or just someone at Jaguar thought "I know what would be a good idea".....
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:05 pm In short, no I don't think there is. Other than selecting D or R very quickly.
He drives a manual! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:32 pm
simpleR wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:05 pm In short, no I don't think there is. Other than selecting D or R very quickly.
He drives a manual! :lol:
lol yeah I can stop it by immediately stalling it just as it turns over!! ;)
jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

However if the engine restarts as part of the auto stop/start it does a completely normal restart with no additional revs so it must be for a reason or just someone at Jaguar thought "I know what would be a good idea".....
Hmmm I thought as much. So my French neighbours must just think I'm juvenile!! Ah well, thanks anyway.
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

If they think your car is loud, get your local ricers round to start their cars :)
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

One of my old neighbours had a Alfa Romeo 4c now that was loud on start up, he's moved now which is a shame as we could of done a comparison test or a synchronized start up.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

There are actually ways to make it start quietly but nothing simple. I once read a long thread about this over at a German Jag forum and a guy had managed to get it to start quietly but it took some massive hardware modding.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

The Smart Top Module latest software has an exhaust control function

In essence one option is 'memory' so it remembers how you last closed down the system ie, exhaust open or closed

Scroll to Function 8 in the attached module for detail of the 3 settings
http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/db/smartto ... 2.0/en.php

I haven't used the function for a long time and have it set at 'factory', but IIRC on 'memory' you turn on the ignition and give it a second or so to make the setting then start up, else it starts valves open and immediately closes them

I'd give them a call and ask as I'm not sure how it reacts differently to early models with the vacuum reservoir Vs the modified intake vacuum
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post