roof stuck shut

Anything F-Type related......
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

my roof has decided to stay shut and is not responding to any commands either from the key fob (smart-top fitted) or the centre console switch.
if i hold the switch longer than a second which. should be bypassing the smart top then i get the roof not latched 30 mph warning message and also if i push down the centre switch i get the roof latched message but the roof doesn't operate .
strangely i can hear the windows motors switch in but they dont roll down neither but they work perfectly on the door switches !

i have the ctek charging the battery however that shows green so i dont think its a battery issue..problem is i cant disconnect the smartop unit as i cant open the roof to get to it ….. not sure if it may be a fuse issue as i dont know where they are to check ….. anyone point me to the correct fuses???

or how to manually open the roof would also be useful so i can remove the smart top module.

spose it could have been worse and stuck open rather than shut !!!
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

jezzaaa

Post by jezzaaa »

No idea how hard this is, but after verifying the state of Charge in the battery, I’d be removing the smartop first and see if it works as the factory intended.
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

well therin lies the issue coz i cant get to the smartop as the roof is shut !the smartop is placed under the roof next to the mechanism…..

or at least if anyone can point me in the direction of which fuses to check i can eliminate them
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Would be worth double checking the manual for your MY but I believe....

LEFT SIDE A PILLAR FUSE BOX
F6 15A Blue Convertible roof (front latch)
F9 15A Blue Convertible roof (down lock)
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

I think there is a way to deactivate the smarttop remotely, though can't remember how, it's in the manual. Otherwise just open the roof manually?
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

il have a look tomorrow at the fuses @paulwildsmith there is a way you continually holdthe consol button either up or down for longer than a couple of seconds and the roof should act as if the smartop isnt fitted but thats when im getting the 30mph warning messages.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I’ve attached the ‘F-Type (X152) Folding Top’ document which contains plenty of information........some of which may help you?

Also, some roof operating issues have been caused by loose terminal connections inside the car boot 'power distribution block'. Have a look at this......viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4974
F-Type (X152) Folding Top.pdf
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by RPSN on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

thanks all for the info…… i went to have a look this morning tried to open the roof with the key fob and worked first time !! also worked with the cent console switch……. hope its ok now and just a one off………id previously yesterday tried switching the ignition on and off a few times ,,, used the key fob and nothing seemed to work ….. now it appears to have miraculously fixed itself !
scm

Post by scm »

Seems the F-Type is learning some tricks from the I-Pace! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

I guess I would exercise it many times and hope it does not happen again - last thing you want is for it stick in the open position.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post