I shall retain this detail for future reference

Happy Driving - Peter
Black V6S MY14 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!

Fez

Post by Fez » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:49 pm

Evening All, its a little while since I have been on site, I have read the above with interest, Arun, jag care and the other independents mentioned all use Harwood chichester if they get stuck sorting your car. If you feel Harwood is pants I would speak to the service manager, he is very approachable and helpful. Yes independents might be cheaper but Harwood will bale out your independent when the going gets though. I know where I would take mine....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm

TopCat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 pm

I have a five year service plan so have been using a main dealer, when this runs out I will be considering Mercury Cars in Hutton.

https://mercurycars.co.uk/
I took out a 3 year service plan recently via Jaguar.co.uk (administered by EMAC the same as for new cars). It was significantly cheaper when compared to the cost Harwoods quoted for the next 3 services. But to be fair to Harwoods, they said it was a bargain and I should go for it (probably a Jaguar promotion of some kind)..

Harwoods serviced my car a couple of weeks ago under the service plan, investigated a couple of things and found another issue which they fixed under warranty at the same time. They also spent a fair bit of time chasing a rattle for me. Much better than some other dealers that only want do the minimum and more interested in selling you air con refreshes etc that are unnecessary.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

TopCat

Post by TopCat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:24 pm

mickjaguar wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm
TopCat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 pm

I have a five year service plan so have been using a main dealer, when this runs out I will be considering Mercury Cars in Hutton.

https://mercurycars.co.uk/
I took out a 3 year service plan recently via Jaguar.co.uk (administered by EMAC the same as for new cars). It was significantly cheaper when compared to the cost Harwoods quoted for the next 3 services. But to be fair to Harwoods, they said it was a bargain and I should go for it (probably a Jaguar promotion of some kind)..

Harwoods serviced my car a couple of weeks ago under the service plan, investigated a couple of things and found another issue which they fixed under warranty at the same time. They also spent a fair bit of time chasing a rattle for me. Much better than some other dealers that only want do the minimum and more interested in selling you air con refreshes etc that are unnecessary.
That’s interesting, I will look into when my service plan nears the fifth service. Thanks.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels