I shall retain this detail for future reference

Happy Driving - Peter
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!

Fez

Post by Fez »

Evening All, its a little while since I have been on site, I have read the above with interest, Arun, jag care and the other independents mentioned all use Harwood chichester if they get stuck sorting your car. If you feel Harwood is pants I would speak to the service manager, he is very approachable and helpful. Yes independents might be cheaper but Harwood will bale out your independent when the going gets though. I know where I would take mine....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

TopCat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 pm
I have a five year service plan so have been using a main dealer, when this runs out I will be considering Mercury Cars in Hutton.

https://mercurycars.co.uk/
I took out a 3 year service plan recently via Jaguar.co.uk (administered by EMAC the same as for new cars). It was significantly cheaper when compared to the cost Harwoods quoted for the next 3 services. But to be fair to Harwoods, they said it was a bargain and I should go for it (probably a Jaguar promotion of some kind)..

Harwoods serviced my car a couple of weeks ago under the service plan, investigated a couple of things and found another issue which they fixed under warranty at the same time. They also spent a fair bit of time chasing a rattle for me. Much better than some other dealers that only want do the minimum and more interested in selling you air con refreshes etc that are unnecessary.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm
TopCat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 pm
I have a five year service plan so have been using a main dealer, when this runs out I will be considering Mercury Cars in Hutton.

https://mercurycars.co.uk/
I took out a 3 year service plan recently via Jaguar.co.uk (administered by EMAC the same as for new cars). It was significantly cheaper when compared to the cost Harwoods quoted for the next 3 services. But to be fair to Harwoods, they said it was a bargain and I should go for it (probably a Jaguar promotion of some kind)..

Harwoods serviced my car a couple of weeks ago under the service plan, investigated a couple of things and found another issue which they fixed under warranty at the same time. They also spent a fair bit of time chasing a rattle for me. Much better than some other dealers that only want do the minimum and more interested in selling you air con refreshes etc that are unnecessary.
That’s interesting, I will look into when my service plan nears the fifth service. Thanks.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Rimbo

Post by Rimbo »

Just as a final update I took the car to Arun yesterday. Excellent customer service, they MOT’d and Serviced it. Seems to run a lot smoother although that might be a mental thing. She was ready on time, cleaned, polished and valetted as part of it. An MOT, an A service, updated online and cost less than £350. One happy chappy. Definitely the place to go as far as I’m concerned.

@fez as for them and others contacting Harwoods in Chichester when they get stuck? Hmm smelling a little bit of bully beef there sir, but I’ll leave that there.

So my advice is use Arun. Second time for me now and both times awesome service.
Salsa Red MY14
V6 3.0 Supercharged
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

@Rimbo

£350 for all that is good value for money - I also run a Q5……🙈

I’ve not had cause to use my local main dealer yet (Southend on Sea) but if my experience is poor, where are ‘Arun’ based - is this local slang for Arundel?

Thanks - Peter
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!
scm

Post by scm »

Rimbo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:01 am @fez as for them and others contacting Harwoods in Chichester when they get stuck? Hmm smelling a little bit of bully beef there sir, but I’ll leave that there.
Er, when I bought my 2004 XKR from them the adaptive cruise wasn't working and they spent a week trying to find anything at fault that wasn't the £1k radar box at the front before replacing it under my new warranty. They told me they had contacts at Harwoods and often asked them for advice. Of course, this was back in 2009 (how time flies!) so may not apply these days.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

I used Harwoods Chichester when buying my car a few weeks ago. Bent over backwards to help. Intend to keep the servicing with them. Hopefully the level of support remains
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

@299Peter wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:24 am @Rimbo

£350 for all that is good value for money - I also run a Q5……🙈

I’ve not had cause to use my local main dealer yet (Southend on Sea) but if my experience is poor, where are ‘Arun’ based - is this local slang for Arundel?

Thanks - Peter
Arun Cars are in Pulborough. The river Arun comes down through Pulborough and Arundel ending in the sea at Littlehampton (aka L.A. 🤣).

The service plan bought a couple of months ago, from Jaguar.co.uk for my 2nd,3rd and 4th services averages out at £450 per service. Sounded quite reasonable for an SVR.

Moved to Harwoods a couple of years ago when the previous outfit was more interested in trying to sell add-on's that weren't necessary (air con refresh etc).. I've found Harwoods to be the complete opposite, e.g. whilst advising my V6 brakes were 85-90% worn, it was immediately followed by 'they will be OK for another year'.

Harwoods also spent quite a bit of time trying to track down some rattles for me, no charge, (didn't buy the car from them either )which differs from other people's posted experience of main dealers.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Rimbo

Post by Rimbo »

My only experience of Harwoods in Chichester was when I took My previous jag (XF Sport) in for some work. Came out without the lower engine cover (the one under the engine). Phoned them and spent 5 minutes on the phone with them whilst they said it must have fallen off before they worked on it as they have a checklist to ensure everything is put back on.

After insisting they at least try and look for it, they agreed to have a quick look and call back.

Ten mins later and they called to say they’d found it in the workshop!! I had to drive back for them to fit it. No apology on the phone, no apology in person.

Like with all garages though I guess you get good and bad experiences at all of them, so its whatever works for you personally at the end of the day.
Salsa Red MY14
V6 3.0 Supercharged