InControl App

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

I think the one with the darker red is the V1 version, the lighter red V2. I prefer the UI of the V1, but the V2 is the one that gets updates. Download 'em both and see which you prefer!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Thanks will keep persevering. I have a iPhone XR so should be an up to date phone
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Registering for an InControl account is completely separate from the car. You should be able to create an account and then receive the activation email for this. Once you have an InControl account, the car can then be added (Add Vehicle) by inputting the VIN, unless the car is still linked to the previous owners account. Assuming it can link the car to your account, it will then ask you to go and press the button in the overhead console within 30? minutes or something.

It seems that you aren't getting the basic InControl account registration verification email. Whilst I believe it doesn't like some .net email addresses, it might be that the dealer has already registered an account for you and hence your second registration request is being ignored. Perhaps the dealers email server has failed and they need to resend the activation email to you.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Thanks sound advice. I have a follow up visit with the dealer this week. They mentioned if I have issues they can go through it.
Had a RR from brand new prior to this and it was a doddle to st up in control.
Russ
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
scm

Post by scm »

My MY18 would have been a doddle to set up if the dealer had correctly diagnosed my phone as being incompatible, rather than the car at fault. :(
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I did the InControl setup for my new car using a laptop. It will then link the vehicle to your account irrespective of which phone is used for the app.

As I didn't buy from a Jaguar dealer, I had to ask Harwoods to delink the car from the previous owner. Once that was done it was just following the instructions given on the laptop.

The guy behind the car, in the background of the photo, looks a bit like the Harwoods salesman who did the necessary for me. He was very helpful and knew what he was doing, so you should be able to get this resolved.
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Went to Harwoods Chichester today. All sorted and now have control of the car via the App
scm

Post by scm »

Great news!
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Had it on the RR but so much better starting the Jaaag remotely😁
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post