Latest dealer action

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

this topic has been raised a lot over the years and on all forums , from another . https://jec.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=408&t=10562 it is up to the individual owner at the end of the day just like maintenance some like to keep on top others wait for a dealer to tell them , reading on a few forums very few guys do any DIY work on their cars , They leave it to dealer or a trusted indy , nothing wrong with that i say . but i am learning to DIY and save a few quid , i use a good injector cleaner about 4 times a year and will continue to do so , my car my money at end of the day :D

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Yep, all up to the individual.

I’ve been maintaining and repairing vehicles for over 35 years and use premium fuel (Shell V-Power, Tesco Momentum etc) in my F-Type with no further fuel additives/injector cleaners.
RPSN wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:58 am Jaguar’s cautionary notes for the F-Type fuel system.....

“Do not use leaded fuels, fuels with lead substitutes, e.g. manganese-based, or fuel additives. The vehicle's emission control systems can be adversely affected, which may affect the vehicle's warranty coverage.”

“Fuel system cleaning agents should not be used, unless approved by the vehicle manufacturer. Inadequate cleaning agents may damage the fuel system.”

Auto Express 21/012021

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/ ... aste-money

“In general, these additives work best on older, high mileage engines that have either been neglected or missed out on regular maintenance. You're unlikely to see any benefit on a newer, well-maintained vehicle.”

“The reality is that if you own a car that's less than 10 years old that has been well maintained, there really isn't any need to use any of these kinds of additives, as the car's electronics and fuel system will be optimised to deliver the best mix of performance and efficiency in the first place. And if that's the case, it begs the question - if fuel additives are so good, why don't car makers recommend them? And why are they not commonly found at petrol stations across the country?”

“In reality, they sort of are. If you feel like your car could do with a bit of a boost, then a better value alternative than an additive could be to use a higher octane forecourt fuel than regular 95 octane. Even supermarket chains offer 99 octane fuel these days for a few pence more than regular petrol, and leading fuel retailers make grand claims about the effective 'cleaning' that high-octane fuels can achieve.”
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

The additives are only really of any use in doing much the same as the Shell V-Power/BP Ultimate do, basically these additives do the same thing for cleaning, they are either added at the fuel refinery or added yourself when you fill your car with ordinary fuel.

The F-Type I run on Premium fuel, the Evoque gets the cheapest Supermarket stuff I can find, but gets an additive occasionally (being a diesel)
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Yes better to use the premium petrol , funnily enough that varies from company's shell is 98 Ron Bp is 98 or 97 Ron esso I'm sure is 99 Ron or is that Tesco premium , if your car is tuned the higher Ron the better :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post