How do I hardwire a dashcam on my 2018 F-Type R for constant power?

Anything F-Type related......
landminerepairs

Post by landminerepairs »

Hi,

I need help with installing a dashcam, it has parking mode/motion sensors so it needs to be powered even when the car is turned off. Has anyone done this, and which fuse did you use?

Thanks

LMR
2018 F-Type V8 R, All Black.
Previously 2016 F-Type V6S British Design Edition, Ultra Blue.

Nick

Post by Nick »

Passenger side floor there is a power supply fuse box under a cover, someone did a guide on here,

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1684&p=15292&hilit ... ply#p15292
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Nick,
You may want to consider installing a low voltage cut off device to avoid depleting the battery. Something like Blackvue Magic Pro will prevent your dash cam draining the battery below a determined safe level. Easily drained hard wired if the camera is very active, car left a few days, even the battery not fairly new or colder temps.
I’ve used one for years since returning to an airport park after a week and finding the battery flat..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Nick

Post by Nick »

Many thanks, appreciate the advice, will do some searching.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Not cheap, but I highly recommend installing a Celllink Neo battery or the Blackvue badged version of this instead of using your car battery, it will provide better protection for your car battery and longer camera life while parked.

Here's a thread to my install on my Evoque, which is still working 100% today.
https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/thre ... ost-176271

(My Evoque car-battery lasted 9 1/2 years with this installed and running permanently.)
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

:)
Philskill wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:01 pm Not cheap, but I highly recommend installing a Celllink Neo battery or the Blackvue badged version of this instead of using your car battery, it will provide better protection for your car battery and longer camera life while parked.

Here's a thread to my install on my Evoque, which is still working 100% today.
https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/thre ... ost-176271

(My Evoque car-battery lasted 9 1/2 years with this installed and running permanently.)
Good idea to use an independent battery, might have to look into this. Issue is having a location as convenient as the Evoque. Use the glove box and it may be rattling around.

On a separate matter just sold my 2021 Evoque P300, I have left over a Geldring boot mat (much better fit than OEM) which comes with an additional mat that either clips into the front of the boot mat to protect the seats when they are down or connects into the rear of the boot mat to provide protection to the bumper when loading. Immaculate condition
Also a brand new never fitted front and rear mudflaps specifically for the Evoque. I had the RDesign and offering them up was a perfect fit and aligned with existing fixings
Also a brand new never opened LR umbrella (not a brolly, full size)
As well as a LR notebook never opened or scribbled in - mint
Just a thought!!
Russ
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

Also a set of genuine RR Evoque roof bars, keys, tools and never fitted!!
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post