Heated seats

Anything F-Type related......
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Only had the car a week (used 2015) my Mrs was complaining the passenger seat was warm but not hot , swopped over during a trip out yesterday and she’s right. The drivers gets much hotter.
It’s got a JLR 12 month warranty, would normally return to supplying dealer but it’s almost 4 hours one way :shock:

Anyone had a similar issue ?

Other than this - awesome car

Cheers All

scm

Post by scm »

If you've got a JLR warranty, any dealer should be able to sort it out. Is there a setting to allow only the seat or the back to heat? I have the heated and cooled seats, so no direct experience of the heated only ones (assuming yours aren't cooled as well).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Just the heated ones - not sure if it has separate zones
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

My heated only seats have the option of back heat in the touch screen climate settings, I seem to remember.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Bluebottle

Post by Bluebottle »

Philb280 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:04 pm Only had the car a week (used 2015) my Mrs was complaining the passenger seat was warm but not hot , swopped over during a trip out yesterday and she’s right. The drivers gets much hotter.
It’s got a JLR 12 month warranty, would normally return to supplying dealer but it’s almost 4 hours one way :shock:

Anyone had a similar issue ?

Other than this - awesome car

Cheers All
I know it’s a long shot on an old thread, but did you get a resolution for this please? I did the first long drive with my better half tonight and the same issue occurred. Mine’s also a used 2015 plated car, sadly, no warranty…
MY16 V8 R AWD Coupe - Black Berry
scm

Post by scm »

Have you got the seat set to heat both the squab and the back? I think you can select specific areas to heat, so worth checking that first.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Bluebottle

Post by Bluebottle »

Nope, mine are the all or nothing version - driver’s seat is toasty with just one bar but the passenger seat is lukewarm at 3 bars…
MY16 V8 R AWD Coupe - Black Berry
Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

Hi, yes I got it sorted, needed a new heating pad in passenger seat. Luckily it was paid for by the supplying dealer. Cost was about £250 ish

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post