Jaguar Insurance - With Our Compliments

Anything F-Type related......
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:13 pm Yes this is marketing to get your details to Jag insurance for a quote, but last time they were uncompetitive so funnily I didn't use thier quote, but was good to get something to compare with.

To use an approved repairer of JLR rather than the insurance company approved repairer takes it out of the "we will supply a Courtesy car" bracket on mine, but as this insurance will in theory replace that courtesy car it should be fine, and hopefully with some thing better than the "small" car listed in the insurance policy.

Be good to hear from someone who's actually claimed through it of course!

As well as the courtesy car being removed (but supplied with the Jaguar complimentary offer), have you checked with your insurance company to see if they impose any extra terms when using a non-approved repairer e.g. a higher excess, non-approved repairer fee, limiting the repair cost etc?

Jaguar approved body shop repairs usually cost considerably more than others and if they aren’t included in your insurance companies’ list of approved repairers some will limit the repair cost. This means that if the limit is exceeded, the customer would have to cough up the rest......Worth checking beforehand.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The topic was created to offer all F-Type drivers a complimentary excess protect voucher (which includes Jaguar ensuring it goes to a Jaguar bodyshop, courtesy car, etc).

I know insurance is a long topic which could cause this topic to stray.

I have used them before. They found an approved bodyshop and dealt with everything including when my 2 week courtesy car on my policy ran out they got me another car for a further 4 weeks no issues. After collecting the car and paying the excess, within 5 days £250 was back in my account.

And I'm not insured with Jaguar and never have been. When renewal came round they contacted me via email (as that's the marketing preference I gave), inviting me to go online and get a quote.
Which I did.
And the computer said no.
No tracker. No quote.
Bye then. But thanks for all your help, £250 and another complimentary voucher. :lol:
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks SimpleR, good to hear you have used it successfully (even if i'm sure you would have preferred not to have had to at the time!).

Yes don't want to get drawn into individual policies, but did notice this in mine

a) OUR Approved Repairer, or
b) a repairer nominated by YOU

But like everything, the devil will be in the detail!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Any policy allows you to get the car repaired at a place of your choice. Most will however add an additional excess for the privilege and/or remove the courtesy car.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

That's correct.

However, if Jaguar’s body shops are not included in your insurer’s list of approved repairers and you decide to use them anyway, extra terms could be imposed when making a claim. As well as a higher excess and courtesy car removal this could include such things as a non-approved repairer fee, limiting the repair costs etc.....https://www.comparethemarket.com/car-in ... repairers/

As I mentioned earlier, Jaguar approved body shop repairs usually cost considerably more than others and if they aren’t included in your insurance companies’ list of approved repairers some will limit the repair cost. This means that if the limit is exceeded, the customer would have to cough up the rest.

The Jaguar complimentary excess protect voucher terms and conditions include......

“Following an accident, regardless of who you are insured with, you must call Jaguar first on the dedicated 0330 100 8702 number. If you call any other Jaguar number or your insurer first, or without our instruction, the voucher will be void.”

Members need to be aware of these facts which is why it’s a good idea to check with their insurers well in advance.

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Thanks for sharing SimpleR. You never know if may come in handy.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:21 am COMPLIMENTARY EXCESS PROTECT VOUCHER

A gift from us to help keep your Jaguar 100% Jaguar. Complete your details below and we’ll send your Excess Protect voucher by email.
Your complimentary one-year Excess Protect Voucher works alongside your car insurance policy, whoever you’re insured by, and pays back up to £250 of your excess costs if you make an accident claim.

Claim your free voucher here - https://www.jaguarcarinsurance.co.uk/Ve ... cess-promo
Bump - 10 days left for anyone interested who might of missed the original post.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That would be me then 🙄
Just done - thanks simpleR 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post