Lights when unlocking car

Anything F-Type related......
gerjfitz

Post by gerjfitz »

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2021 ftype R-Dynamic, but I notice when I unlock the car at night, none of the lights (apart from the puddle lights) come on. I had a previous 2001 f-type when unlocked, the rear and front headlamp would illuminate. I notice also when I open the car door, the interior lights don't come on either. I'm just not sure if there is a setting I'm missing or if it's a behaviour in the newer model.

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

For the exterior lights, did you check the settings on the steering column stalk? Could be that the lights have to be set to auto or on to turn on with unlocking. Could also be a setting in a menu somewhere.

Interior lights - sounds like someone has just shut them off. You enable/disable the interior lights by pressing and holding the centre light in the ceiling for a few seconds until it flashes.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:44 pmInterior lights - sounds like someone has just shut them off. You enable/disable the interior lights by pressing and holding the centre light in the ceiling for a few seconds until it flashes.
Doesn't that also affect the puddle lights, which the OP says are working?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
kevc

Post by kevc »

There's a button on the key to turn the front and rear lights on.

For inside (from the manual)
To switch automatic illumination of all the interior lights off or on, continue to touch the lens until the light flashes. The instrument panel accordingly displays Interior lights off or Interior lights auto.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
gerjfitz

Post by gerjfitz »

Thanks for the help.

I managed to sort out the interior lighting — held it in for few seconds, it flashed and now comes on when I open the door.

However, I still can't get the rear and front headlamps to illuminate when I unlock the car. @kevc — there is a button on the key to turn the headlamps on, but it only turns on the front, not the back. In the previous car, I just needed to unlock the car and both rear and front would come on automatically.

I'm not sure if I'm just missing something here
kevc

Post by kevc »

I get mine in 2 weeks so I'll have a dig through the menus then to see if I can find anything.
gerjfitz

Post by gerjfitz »

Cheers! I went for the Bluefire too — curious what wheels you went with :D
scm

Post by scm »

gerjfitz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm I'm not sure if I'm just missing something here
Have you been through the Vehicle Settings menu?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
kevc

Post by kevc »

gerjfitz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:18 pm Cheers! I went for the Bluefire too — curious what wheels you went with :D
I've got the 6003's (the twin spoke 'standard' wheels).
I've gone a bit heavy on the spec cos it'll probably be a keeper and my last combustion car so what the hell! :)
Due to pick it up on the 10th if it gets to the dealer this week.
gerjfitz

Post by gerjfitz »

scm wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:54 pm
gerjfitz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm I'm not sure if I'm just missing something here
Have you been through the Vehicle Settings menu?
Yeah I have, can't see anything inside it that does the job.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post