Fogged headlights

Anything F-Type related......
giusemanuel

Post by giusemanuel »

Of course I'll keep you updated, tomorrow I'll take the car to the dealership to change the headlights.
But is it necessary to remove the bumper to change the headlights?
Unfortunately, the mechanics here are not very careful.

Yes, the caps are very similar to the ones you linked. Another friend which had condensation tell me that dealer has cleaned his headlight from vents and after no longer had the problem

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

If your car’s going into a Jaguar main dealership for the LED headlamps replacement, they should know what they’re doing.

The Xenon headlamps on my car can be removed without taking the bumper off. They’re secured by three bolts, two at the top of the headlamp (front and back) and one underneath. The top two bolts are accessed from under the bonnet and the one underneath by removing the plastic cover from inside the front wheel arch (see attached pics). I’m not sure if the LED headlamps are similar?

Also found this link.....” How to remove the headlight unit of a F-Type?” https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... pe-193930/

As you've said that the mechanics there are not very careful, it's worth insisting that a member of staff (service manager etc) thoroughly inspects the car with you beforehand, in case anything untoward happens whilst it's with them. Some good dealerships do this as standard practice and some don't.

The caps on the LED headlamps pic that you posted earlier are similar to the Xenon headlamps (although smaller) and they also have the tabs on them for ease of removal.

Good to hear that the issue your friend had with headlamp condensation was rectified by the dealer.....looks like it can sometimes be sorted out?

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow 👍

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
giusemanuel

Post by giusemanuel »

The day before yesterday I went to the dealer to change the headlights. I didn't want to write right away because I wanted to test the car in these two days. Despite the fairly humid weather it seems that for now there are no condensation problems.

Dealer took about 2 hours to change both headlights and it looks like the job has been done quite well. Dealer also attached the official diagnosis (Pathfinder) to perform the coding of the headlights.
Dealer performed also a scan asking me if the ecu had the map changed because the computer reported an error to the engine ecu software. He told me that this error is reported when the ECU is modded. I have not changed it but I am not sure if the previous owner has changed it.
Today engine amber light came on in fixed mode.

but I'm coming out of thread so maybe it's better that I open another one.

Thanks @Rpsn
Last edited by giusemanuel on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevc

Post by kevc »

That could just be low battery charge if they've had it on a lot testing the lights without the engine running.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

giusemanuel wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:58 pm The day before yesterday I went to the dealer to change the headlights. I didn't want to write right away because I wanted to test the car in these two days. Despite the fairly humid weather it seems that for now there are no condensation problems.

Dealer took about 2 hours to change both headlights and it looks like the job has been done quite well. Dealer also attached the official diagnosis (Pathfinder) to perform the coding of the headlights.
Dealer performed also a scan asking me if the ecu had the map changed because the computer reported an error to the distribution chain. He told me that this error is reported when the ECU is modded. I have not changed it but I am not sure if the previous owner has changed it.
Today engine amber light came on in fixed mode.

but I'm coming out of thread so maybe it's better that I open another one.

Thanks @Rpsn

👍

Glad you’re satisfied with the work done by the dealer and that there’s no condensation showing in the new LED headlights so far. Will be interesting to hear whether or not they remain that way?

Yes, it’s better to open a new thread on your other queries.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
giusemanuel

Post by giusemanuel »

@kevc
When i arrived to dealer the car was still connected to the external power supply.

@RPSN
will keep you updated on the condensation of my headlights.

I’ll open a new thread for other question, however I was wrong, it is not an error of the chain but a software error of the engine ecu.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

giusemanuel wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 pm @RPSN
will keep you updated on the condensation of my headlights.

I’ll open a new thread for other question, however I was wrong, it is not an error of the chain but a software error of the engine ecu.

Cheers 👍

Hope you get the other issue sorted out.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post