Which Jaguar Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Wow, and I thought £780 for the full warranty and assistance for the 4 pot was expensive!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

It's nearly a mortgage lol
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:49 pm
scm wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:50 pm
Beltupandholdon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:11 pm Dear god , you could take on a new small car for less than the monthly cost
But will the new small car pay for any problems your Jag experiences? ;)
You make jaguar sound like British leyland lol
Not at all, my experiences with Jaguar have been very good. None of the four I've had (2001 XK8, 2004 XKR, 2010 XKR and F-Type) have let me down. but things do break somettimes, that's the nature of the beast (and not just the Jaguar beast!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

None the less it's still an expensive pet plan lol
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

I've been playing around on MotorEasy and their plan B appears to be pretty comprehensive. It has unlimited claims up to the value of the vehicle. Covers up-to £200 limit. That's £70 per month or £800 for the year. Dropping the labour cover to £120 makes it £62 per month or £700 for the year.

They offer an ever cheaper 'lite' version of this cover but the conditions of claiming against the warranty are very restrictive.

It's cheaper than Jaguars own plus it covers wear & tear. My car hasn't even crossed the 27k milage mark yet so I shouldn't need. I hope (pray) that i'll never need a warranty given how low milage my car is life can be full of surprises. I may well dip into their warranty once my Jaguars own runs out.
Deleted User 3572

Yes I seen them on that site and it seems to have good plans
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

My V6 is a 2018 on about 24k miles. It is coming to end of 12 months dealer warranty soon.

Two questions....

1) If I did not extend the warranty further now could I start a new one in a year or two if I felt like it, or does there have to be continuity from a previous warranty to a new one ?

2) I know it is everybody's own gamble...but would there be any logic in chancing a couple of years without warranty, say till the car is 5 years old, and then starting ?
AJ13

Post by AJ13 »

Duvetday wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:41 pm My V6 is a 2018 on about 24k miles. It is coming to end of 12 months dealer warranty soon.

Two questions....

1) If I did not extend the warranty further now could I start a new one in a year or two if I felt like it, or does there have to be continuity from a previous warranty to a new one ?

2) I know it is everybody's own gamble...but would there be any logic in chancing a couple of years without warranty, say till the car is 5 years old, and then starting ?

Depends on the mileage you do i guess and how car is treated.
Mines also has 24k miles, - but no warranty and i dont plan to. Financially doesnt add up due small mileage i do.
I have only ever had extended warranty on an RS4 i had - (Audi approved) and it wasn't really up to much. Didnt cover leaking suspension, wiring for parking sensors etc....
So I gamble, and in 30 years of car ownership the savings (from not having an extended warranty) have far outweighed the costs of repairs.

But each to their own.
IRR V8S. (Maybe going soon).
Macan turbo ..wifes.
Sunny Scotland based.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

As above. Depends on how you use car & suppose your appetite for risk.

Car only driven, carefully, on sunny weekends. Now at 26k miles. Never considered warranty, just keep money aside in case.

However, if I daily drove, would certainly have warranty 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

Find a decent independent whom you trust and put the warranty money aside for anything that crops up. Saves you a fortune, unless you're very unlucky.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post