Which Jaguar Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:09 pm My situation is that one of the rear license plate lights has suddenly died and it looked like there was a slight haze in the light itself. Condensation maybe with the sudden turn of the weather?

A cheap and easy fix.
Part can be ordered here:
https://www.britishparts.co.uk/jaguar-p ... lamp-p7393

Posidrive

Post by Posidrive »

In the end I just hit the bullet and went for the full Jaguar Warranty. The RAC just had to many bad reviews in which every failure seems to be classified as wear an tear. Warrantywise suspiciously have a lot of reviews that praise how helpful they are when you buy the warranty but not so many on claiming, especially for anything significant.
2015 V6S AWD Convertible in British Racing Green
Mr.Tea

Post by Mr.Tea »

Tjp wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:03 am
Mr.Tea wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:09 pm My situation is that one of the rear license plate lights has suddenly died and it looked like there was a slight haze in the light itself. Condensation maybe with the sudden turn of the weather?

A cheap and easy fix.
Part can be ordered here:
https://www.britishparts.co.uk/jaguar-p ... lamp-p7393

Nice one, cheers. Being, what appear to be, sealed LED units i'd assumed they'd be one of those "replace the whole unit" parts that only Jaguar have access to.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

I've decided to renew Jaguar Warranty - TBF I Just couldn't find anything as good for the price with the same level of cover so for me it was either have the Jag warranty or decide not to have warranty.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

i might take out an after market warranty once the current approved runs out end of june , should get one for say £400 i would imagine just to cover the essentials , no big deal
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:36 pm i might take out an after market warranty once the current approved runs out end of june , should get one for say £400 i would imagine just to cover the essentials , no big deal
Good luck with that! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
AJB2

Post by AJB2 »

On EBay for £20…

Genuine Jaguar F-Type XJ X351 Number plate LED Light Lamp EX53-13550-AA, T2P1745
@299Peter

Post by @299Peter »

scm wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:22 am
Beltupandholdon wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:36 pm i might take out an after market warranty once the current approved runs out end of june , should get one for say £400 i would imagine just to cover the essentials , no big deal
Good luck with that! :lol:
SCM

Agreed.

Bought my V6S from Aston Martin Newcastle, supplied with a third party warranty. After discussions with my local JLR dealer and looking in more detail the warranty is hardly worth the paper it’s written on - there are more exclusions than inclusions and the limit of any claim is around £350!!

If, and when, I buy another F-Type I would get an OEM warranty.

Hope this helps guys

P
Black V6S MY15 380PS F-Type
Love the car
Love the noise
Love the headturning!
Deleted User 3572

2 year come next month (feb) before covid , bought a 2014 ranger rover , dark grey with black pack outside , inside got the ivory or dove leather (cant make up my mind what it is , old age lol) at point of sale i took out AA waranty for two years on it , just before Christmas in early december the car went into RP mode , now i look after my cars well better than most on here i have a JLR code reader put it on , got the codes , looked them up . Manifold gone ! managed to drive it after talking on phone to a local landrover indy , i asked for a smoke test to be performed , results came back both manifold's Gone , i had inspected the engine bay prior and had found at top left hand of engine bay their was a lot of oil ! , back on to the indy . the two manifolds gone at same time , now thats un usual , normily its one that goes and they advise changing the other as it will go as well , frantic phone call to the warranty company and sweating as i knew from reading on other forums this will be a big ish bill , indy also found i needed two hand brake sensors , I had been getting the odd warning flash up on dash , i left it to the warranty company and the garage to sort out , only having to step in once as the indy garage wanted shot of my car due to it taking up space on the ramps , after nearly 10 days it was all sorted . i had by this time given the garage the go ahead to do the work , fearing like you guys i would be left to pay a large bill weeks before santa . the warranty company came good and paid out for the work , so come june i know were my £400 will be going and it wont be to jaguar extended warranty , mine has a £5 grand limit though , but your money your choice at end of the day
Deleted User 3572

forgot the bill breakdown , manifold £286.06 x 2 coolant £22.50 park prake motor £210.59 x 2 . labour £890. = £1906.34 vat @ 20% £2287.6 :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post